Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The PowerBall

Like millions of others, I've purchased a ticket for the huge Powerball.....actually 2 tickets (not much of a gambler).  More out of habit......Connor and I would buy a ticket once a week.....we loved to do the "what if we won" thing.......tops on our list was traveling worldwide, helping people, designing our dream home, etc.  It was fun to dream, together!  Now, it hit me......if I did win such a jackpot, what a bittersweet thing.  The ONE thing I'd wish for the most is what no amount of money could buy.....my beloved husband returned to me.  I'd trade all of that money for just one more day with him!  That being said......I still would appreciate a win, if only for relief of monetary worries, and for the opportunity to help others......and I could sure make a huge donation to this site!

• Upvote 2

Trade all that money for one more day with him? How about giving it all back to have him back for good?  You know what I was thinking before you brought this up was I wish I had a genie and you know what I'd wish for. I'd wish for all our beloveds to come back, but it reminded me of an episode of my favorite show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where the mother died and the daughter did a spell to bring her back.

She came back as a Zombie and was heading to the house but they broke the spell because they knew she was not going to come back right. That made me think of Alladdin, my fav Disney movie where the Genie said don't ask to bring someone back from the dead, that it was messy and he didn't like doing it. I was thinking, 'what's up with no one being able to grant the one wish we would all want? It's just something I was thinking. Sorry to get off topic.

Anyway, I would surely quit my job in a heartbeat as my jobs are always crappy and not worth keeping. After that I'd buy a nice condo for me and my mom, we'd be neighbors, and give some to other family and also a couple of friends I know who are struggling bad, one is homeless. If I was younger I'd go Vet school, but since I'm not I'd just build some animal shelters and sanctuaries and help all the homeless animals and also advocate for homeless animals in other countries.

Honestly, winning now would make me very depressed since my sister is not here to share in the joy. I don't even know if I would want to win. It would not feel fair or right, she deserved to enjoy some happiness too.

I sure wouldn't turn down the money.  But it is so odd to know that it would make no difference in how I feel.  I honestly cannot think what I would do with it.  If Steve were here, I would be reigning him in on a lot of crazy ideas!  That in itself would make it darned interesting to me.  It's a shame money can't buy what we really need.  Just the frills.

2 hours ago, hollowheart said:

it reminded me of an episode of my favorite show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where the mother died and the daughter did a spell to bring her back.

I liked Buffy too (and Cordelia - Sunnydale version)

3 hours ago, WolfsKat said:

The ONE thing I'd wish for the most is what no amount of money could buy.....my beloved husband returned to me.  I'd trade all of that money for just one more day with him!  

The only way I would want Deedo back would be with a ironclad guarantee that we would spend the next twenty years together, loving life and then one night go to bed and neither one of us would wake up.  I know I can't go through what I've been through/am going through again and I certainly do not want to see Deedo have to go through it either.  

I would trade anything for five minutes of having him hold me.

• Upvote 1