Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The journey

I realized that most of my post on here have pertained to the negative aspects of my grief. Sometimes I feel that may reflect badly upon me, that everyone views me as "doom and gloom". However I don't want to diminish the positive moments that I encounter...though far and in between I am thankful for some moments of peace. Grief is an up and down journey. I'm sure we all have more bad times than good but God I am thankful for the times we don't feel completely like a sinking ship. This life is not one we ever wanted nor predicted but it is the life that was forced upon us. Honestly, every second, every minute of every moment is different.....there's no way of knowing when we will feel peace or unbearable pain.....Grief is nothing less than a long hard complicated journey.

Thank you all for always listening and offering support. You are not alone. 

• Upvote 4

AB, my dear, I can assure you that no one here views you as "doom and gloom." You are mourning the loss of your beloved, and I cannot think of anything sadder than that. Please don't pass judgment on yourself for feeling and expressing your pain and your sorrow when you are here with us. That is what we are here for: to listen, to share, to relate, to console, to care, to support, and to offer a soft place for you to land. 

• Upvote 4

Thank you Marty. I must admit I am often hard on myself especially now. I try to hide my feelings from others now (coworkers, my mom, his family etc.) This is the only place that feels safe to express my deepest darkest feelings. 

• Upvote 1

AB, it's never my intention to diminish what you are experiencing when I share my 2 cents worth. I only hope it helps you to know that what you're going thru is what i see as normal parts of this ugly process. I spent my first year of my process going thru it totally alone so I never knew whether what i was going thru was normal, or whether i had become some kind of a freak of nature. Take heart in knowing that you are not that freak of nature i was worried about. Most of us never knew what we were really commiting ourselves to when we agreed to experience Love. This is the ugly side of that Love coin. But when i fell so head over heels in love with my wife if i had known then what i know now, all li would have said was BRING IT ON! 

One foot in front of the other...

Darrel

6 minutes ago, olemisfit said:

Most of us never knew what we were really commiting ourselves to when we agreed to experience Love. This is the ugly side of that Love coin. But when i fell so head over heels in love with my wife if i had known then what i know now, all li would have said was BRING IT ON! 

Darrel, you took the thoughts right out of my head! I think about what you just mentioned often. When we commit ourselves to loving someone we agree to experience it all the good and bad and with life unfortunately comes death. Death would have eventually happened, though we didn't think it would be so soon but that's the chance we take when we decide to love and open our hearts to someone. And like you, even if I knew what I know now back then I still would have made the choice to fall in love. 

• Upvote 3

Ain't it the truth. In life and death, there always seems to be a price for everything.  We have to be willing to accept that especially if we want to experience the good things. You're a good soul. You're gonna make it thru this just fine. Just don't let this change you in the wrong ways. I'm sure that's something we all tell ourselves at some point.

One foot in front of the other...

Darrel

1 hour ago, olemisfit said:

You're a good soul. You're gonna make it thru this just fine. Just don't let this change you in the wrong ways. I'm sure that's something we all tell ourselves at some point.

Thank you Darrel. 

• Upvote 1

AB3,

I'm glad you feel safe enough here to share your deepest feelings, including the dark ones, that makes the rest of us feel safe doing so also.  And that's what this place is here for, for that and so we can learn and process our grief as we go through this grief journey.

• Upvote 4

I experienced -52 when I was a kid and that was insane Cold......This -70 freezes  or makes electronics ineffective, and any form of plastics and machinery go brittle....We had to keep everything idling , if you shut something down, might not start.......and keep your taps running.........and animals live in this 
  • Upvote 1

AB I feel the same way at the moment. I think it's being constantly negative socially that has in a way caused me to start posting on here. I feel sorry for my friends and family who constantly have to listen to my doom and gloom and want them to have a break from it. It can't be nice for them. It seems far 'safer' to rant and rage on here as everyone here has been through a similar experience and has felt some of the same things!

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, kevin said:

This  is as cold as I have ever seen..........Alaska

Makes me remember those insane winters in North Dakota. Those winters absolutely were not civilized. Coldest i experienced was -70. There's no way you can put on enough layers for that kind of cold. BRRRRR

-12 is the coldest I've ever been in and I thought I was going to start losing digits waiting two hours for my bus to show up!  Dress and heels days, not appropriate for that weather!  Kevin, that is nuts!

Dr Lenera,

I'm glad you've come here.  As you can see, we sometimes get off topic, maybe that's good, gives us a break from the constant grief, even if only for a moment.  Yes we do all understand...all too well.

• Upvote 2

Welcome Dr. Lenera, ...This whole being alone or single thing is what I find  so different........And I would be a wet blanket living with a family member. My project now is to downsize and probably sell within two years .A new Location may do me a world of good.... Where I go is still very Open,  part of my Journey......And I get side tracked easily, a character flaw I've developed so I've been told.......  That Cold Picture was to make everyone feel thankful we are not up there... 

• Upvote 2