Grief Healing Discussion Groups

16 months and still miserable

16 months ago Al was taken away from me.  I miss him so much and find my life very lonely and meaningless.    There doesn't seem much point in my still being here.  I have tried to find things that make a difference to anyone, but....I will keep on plodding like everyone else here.  Today I wrote him a letter ( didn't know his address) and looked at our pics from Alaska.  That was his dream and we got to go.  Hard to believe I made it this long without the love of my life.

• Upvote 5

It is hard to believe how the time passes and how we survive it.  Sometimes I wonder if it is really survival or some kind of twisted humor of the universe.  I hardly remember what it felt like to not be lonely and fighting the meaninglessness.

• Upvote 2

Gwen, I looked outside one Christmas Eve and our street looked like something out of a Norman Rockwell painting....Family, good health, and the Lights. I said to Angela , it doesn't get much better than this, appreciate these moments,,,,,, those words and memory come back to me every holiday...prophetic( you don't know what you got till its gone)

• Upvote 2

Gin, I'm hoping there's special delivery.

• Upvote 4