Grief Healing Discussion Groups

This may be a No-No, but I wonder...

This may not be allowed on this site due to privacy concerns, so maybe someone can answer my question. As there are so many of us struggling with our grief journey, and we all understand other member's losses, is it permitted to post our phone numbers to reach out and actually talk to others here when we are having a bad day?  Just asking.

thanks

Steph

Steph, I have given my phone number to others here, but in the private mail feature.  I don’t think it would be wise to post it in a forum as there is the chance guests might be looking for vulnerable people.  When I have felt a connection to someone here, I’ve contacted them privately and see how they feel about talking voice.  

• Like 1

Steph,

This is what Marty says about your question –

Confidentiality - What about privacy? 
Membership is free but will require that you register with a unique username (not your "real" name) and secret password of your own choosing. Bear in mind that whatever you post on the site will be visible to anyone who visits the siteand may be searchable on public search engines. In order to protect your privacy (and prevent Internet search engines such as Google from finding you there), please do not use your full name as your display name, and do not include your address, telephone number or your e-mail address in any of your posts.”

And as Gwen said we are free to private message anyone and share numbers.

The above information from Marty can be found here…

• Like 1