Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Writing to a lost one

Last week I got very drunk,I know that’s not a good idea, but it is what it is. I ‘wrote a  letter’ the subject of my disenfranchised grief,  Tom. It’s helped me so much. It’s almost like drunk,  I could articulate what I couldn’t sober. I sobbed when I wrote it. But I’ve re read it many times over the last 7 days and it’s helped me so much. 

Maybe this might help someone else too x 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen this advice on several mourning sites. I am glad it worked for you, though for myself, I have not found it very satisfying.

One thing I have done it to create and write down imaginary dialogues with people close to him, who I have considered contacting. I followed through in one case, and I think that the prep helped. 

1 hour ago, razorclam said:

I have seen this advice on several mourning sites. I am glad it worked for you, though for myself, I have not found it very satisfying.

Alcohol...caution!  Truth:  Alcohol is a depressant and quite frankly, most of us grievers do not need more of that!

I guess they got intermingled, sorry!

I have a letter file I write to my deceased husband.  I would not bother writing to someone who dumped me.  But that's just me!  ;)