Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My twin sister, Dorothy died on May 29th, 2021 from Covid Pneumonia

I have had days where every time I see my sisters picture, or think of her I cry, today was especially hard for me. I was on the treadmill and for some reason I couldn't get her out of my mind, and just started crying uncontrollable while I was walking on the treadmill.. I kept up my pace and did 30 minutes, but my tears kept coming for some reason. Most days I am okay with everything, but just out of the blue, the memories flood my head and the tears come very easily.  My faith keeps me grounded, plus my loving husband also..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

(((hugs)))

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/28/2021 at 1:04 PM, CathyG said:

I have had days where every time I see my sisters picture, or think of her I cry, today was especially hard for me. I was on the treadmill and for some reason I couldn't get her out of my mind, and just started crying uncontrollable while I was walking on the treadmill.. I kept up my pace and did 30 minutes, but my tears kept coming for some reason. Most days I am okay with everything, but just out of the blue, the memories flood my head and the tears come very easily.  My faith keeps me grounded, plus my loving husband also..

How completely sad for you.  Do you feel her with you?

• Like Copy 1

• 9 months later...

I lost my sister on 5/27/23. It was an accidental overdose of methamphetamine and fentanyl. I live in Hawaii and she lived in CA. We spoke frequently. May 8th was her birthday and she just made 60. She was really happy. On my 14th she called and wished me happy Mother’s Day. She sounded good. She said she does a little meth here and there. I thought that was ok, as she had been really messed up a few years ago.

Then I got the phone call she passed🥲. I flew right out. Old friends and my son gathered for her service. It really sucks that she od’d. People judge. Even my son just kind of shrugs his shoulders like that’s what happens to a drug addict. 
She was more than just a drug addict. My little baby sister was kind and thoughtful. She was a good auntie and a good sister. I feel so all alone. It’s like no one knew her. I feel overwhelming sadness and grief. She was so beautiful.