Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Scared For The Future

It was a month ago today that the RCMP knocked on my door to inform me Trevor would not be coming home. He was killed in a work related accident when his semi blew a tire. The earth shook underneath me as my world cracked, I had no family here where we lived, I looked at the best gift Trevor had ever given me as the officer was now playing with our 2 month old son. I have never been so happy that my son is the spitting image of his father. I feel more at peace now for some reason after Trevor visited me in my sleep 4 days after his death, he spoke to be about something I no longer remember, but whatever he said brought me peace and strength to get up every morning to my precious baby, I don't know if my son will ever understand the depth in which he saved me. with the support of many good friends I feel stronger everyday, yet the future scares me, I am a 26 year old single mother......that was my biggest fear, I never imagined it to happen this way. I still feel Trevors presence when the nights get lonely, I think he shakes the bed to let me know he's there, he always loved to try and scare me.

Hi Brooke,

I am so very, very, sorry for the loss of your husband Trevor... He sounds like he was a wonderful man... I want you to know that we are all here for you and we will keep you in our prayers... I also want you to know that all you have to do is ask and we will be there.. Take care and I am sending you a big hug... And I am asking God to keep you close and to give you the strength to go on.. Shelley

Hello Brook,

I cant even begin to tell you how happy I am that I am pregnant. Like you I feel this little one is going to save my life. I am 24 and am going to be 25 soon. My baby is due in September. Your baby is so young. I pray that my baby is the spitting image of my Jason. Thank you for the IM I am so sorry you have to be here but am glad you are. It has helped me to talk to others who know how I feel and are so supportive. God Bless you and your child.

Chrissy777

Hi there...I am new to the site and this was the first post I read. I lost my husband 10 mths ago, when our son was just three weeks old. The power of children is incomprehensible and I too am overjoyed that my son is like his dad. How exactly they can imitate behavior from someone they spent so little time with is beyond me. The pain is raw, the memories fierce, and the anxiety for our son's future without his dad terrifying. My heart goes out to you so soon after your husband's death.

Jenn

Brooke,

I'm sorry you're passing through all this...but I trust in God that you will do great with your baby and you will be a great mother as many other girls here who have to bring up their kids without the physical presence of their daddy, but remember, as you said, he's with you the whole time, in heart and soul.

I was shocked by reading you speak about your bed shaking, I don´t know if it's ok to speak about this topic, but since Christophe passed away I have felt my bed shaking sometimes, and I know it's him, but I havent said a word, except to my best friend, because people think one makes up things during this circumstances. I know Im not making things up, and so I believe in what you're saying. It's a comfort to know you're able to feel he's around.

Blessings,

Gaby

Dear Brooke,

How lucky you are to have your son. I feel the same way. I lost my husband eight months ago right after our son turned 14. How he had to see his father deteriorate was truly heartbreaking. He just got back from 5 weeks at summer camp and I can't tell you how happy I am to see him again, I was totally lost all summer with out both him and his dad. Children make the world go around, even if they are 6 feet tall (just like his dad)! Good luck to you...I know how scary it is. Keep the faith.

KarenH

If it wasn't for my son Carson, I don't believe I would be here today. I had many thoughts about sucide, but each and every time I would think about Carson and how it would affect him if he were to lose both of us and it was just heartbreaking. I just want to say to those who have been afraid to post what they are thinking, remember, we don't know who you are and most of the time there is someone else here that is feeling or experiencing the exact same thing. We don't judge on this site, so please feel free to post anything you might be going through, you never know, someone will read your post and will be helped by it.