Grief Healing Discussion Groups

It Happened Again

The other day I awoke at 5am dripping with sweat. Yea, it was hot but this was a cold sweat. I was headed for the familiar destination--- miserable--just ahead. I went downstairs thinking, ok here we go again...where is this going to take me. Groggily, I went outside and watched the sun come up. Caught in the beauty of the moment, I began to think about my father, sadly at first and then the life he had lived, the things he taught us about living and...I started to feel soemthing that I hadn't felt for a looooooooong time. I didn't recognize it at first but then it came to me. Joy??? I actually looked forward to the day...again. I felt like I wanted to move forward.

I took that feeling into the rest of the day and when ##it did hit the fan in the afternoon, my greif grabbed me but there was strength, solace and resolve right beside it.

There is another side, I have glimpsed it and want to see it again.

Charlie1

Wow charlie, that is awesome. What a wonderful feeling that must have been. I hope to one day be able to feel they joy that you felt this morning. It gives me hope to hear someone who has felt this, By you posting I know that one day it will happen with me.

Thanks again for your post.

Hi Charlie1,

Wow!! what an amazing thing to happen to you, I had a thing happen to me one night I could not sleep and I wander in the tv room and sat in my mom's old chair... I wanted a hug from my mom so very much that I could not sleep... As I sat in the chair I became warm all over and I completely relaxed enough to go back to sleep... I think it was my mom giving me a hug.... Take care Charlie and God Bless you Shelley

Shelley

that was great. i wish i could feel my moms hug. i am missing her so right now and could use her love. today we celebrated my sons 8th birthday and it was hard. it was the first thing she wasn't here for. i keeping on going b/c that is all we can do, ijust hope the sorrow gets better. thanks for your story it made me smile, maybe your mom can tell mine i need a hug.

lori

Thank you for your message of hope, Charlie. I'm so glad you're feeling better. Right now, it's hard for me to believe that things will get better, so hearing from you helped. :)

Hugs,

Leann