Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I've Been So Sick!

Leann

Hi, everybody:

This is the first day I've been on my computer for a while....I've been in the hospital with double pnemonia. :( This is the first day I've felt like even turning on my computer in a while. I can really relate to what lorikelly was saying about not being sure what she's waiting for. For me, I've been worrying all the time and I'm not sure what about. On top of that, the seeing all the Christmas stuff out in the stores has reminded me that the holidays are coming.....Doug and I just took down our tree in July. When Dad was so sick last December, we made a pact as a family that we wouldn't celebrate Christmas until he came home. About two weeks after Dad died, Doug finally said, "You know, Sis....Dad isn't coming home. Looking at this stuff is depressing. We need to take it down." I agreed with him, so we opened our presents....I took the tree up to our attic and put huge garbage bag over it to protect it from the dust and dirt. I didn't and still don't have the energy to take it down. The thought of putting up a tree makes my stomach churn. Doug feels the same way, so we're just not going to do it this year. I'm just soooo tired......tired of just turning a corner and being broadsided by something else.

This is all I can muster for now.....take good care everybody.

Leann

Leann,

You poor thing! I'm so glad you are ok now, though!

The "waiting thing" has hit me too, as I posted. Waiting for what, I just don't know! It feels like my life has been put on hold!

Yep, the holidays are so rough. I can't stand to see all the Christmas stuff out so darn early. Why on earth can't they wait until at least the beginning of November? I think if it's too rough, you and your brother are doing the right thing by not doing anything. Or only doing what you're comfortable with. There's no law we have to do the whole shebang!

Keep well and get lots of rest.

Hugs,

Shell

Leann

I am sorry that you were so sick, pls take the time to let your body heal you have gone through alot.

I don't want to put up the tree but i have 2 boys 11 and 8 and i know they need it. i am not sure how it will feel. i wish we could jump over nov and dec but we can't so together we will have to do our best. i am starting a support group next week at 7:30 i was suppose to start tonight but i have to work. i hope it helps. lori

Hi Leann,

I am so very sorry you are were so sick but I am very happy that you are feeling at least a little better... I missed you and are glad you are back.. Take good care of yourself and get lots of rest I will keep you in my prayers Shelley

Hi, everybody:

It's so good to be back on here. I wondered everyday how everybody was doing. It sounds like we're all pretty much in the same boat right now with the holidays coming and all. I'm glad to hear about your support group, lorikelly. Hopefully you will find companionship and comfort there. I really admire your courage; you've had to keep going for your boys and I know it's taking everything you've got right now. It's taking everything I've got to keep myself going and I don't have children. :huh: They sound like such good boys. :)

Was thrown for a loop today....went on a short outing to the grocery store. Louis Armstrong's "Wonderful World" came on the radio station they had playing. It was one of the songs we used on Dad's DVD at his funeral. I couldn't handle it. I left my cart full of groceries in the middle of the aisle and ran out of the store crying my eyes out. Just couldn't take it.....I didn't go back. Just came home.

Love to all,

Leann

Oh, Leann,

I'm so sorry you were so sick. Being physically sick plays havoc with our emotions too, doesnt it?

Glad you're home and I hope you continue to feel better every day.

I'll be praying for you.

Love, Benita

That's for sure...I think the stress of grieving makes one feel more run down and more susceptible to a "bug." That in turn makes one more depressed. It's a vicious circle sometimes. I'm truly ready for sunny skies.

I truly appreciate your prayers and support.

Love,

Leann

Leann,

Music is such an emotional thing! I have sat in many parking lots and cried my eyes out over some song that came on the radio! I had to leave a store once too because of the same thing.

I agree that grief is hard enough on your health and immunity system, and then when something else comes along it makes it that much harder. It truly is a vicious cycle! We all have to try to take care of ourselves doubly right now.

Stay rested and, as Lorikelly told you, take the time for yourself to heal.

Hugs,

Shell