Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Someone told me that Sean will come to me in my dreams. She said that will be his way of telling me it's ok and that he knows my feelings. Does this really happen? I don't dream often, or remember them. When I woke up this morning I had been dreaming about ordering deserts from this huge conveyor belt that was going around. Strange... I was with other people in the dream, but I don't think Sean was in it. Laurie

Laurie,

I dont know if that is true. I have only had a few dreams about my husband and none of them were good or comforted me at all. I have somewhat felt him while I was awake or had something happen to me where I was just like ok that was weird and it had to be Jason. I was in labor with my first child for 6 hours and only pushed for an hour. That is only one of the many things that made me feel he was here or in heaven. At least I like to beleive that is why these things happen. I have stopped waiting for a good dream.

Laurie,

I have heard of people who had dreams and they thought it meant this or that. I haven't had them, I only remember one dream that I had, in the last 16 months, where George was in it, and in the dream, it wasn't good, I was mad at him for abandoning me. So much for that. I hope you get a good dream and it means something to you...just don't put a lot of stock by it cuz it may or may not happen like that. I wish I too could get a sign or a feeling of his presence, or something, but I rather think there's a gulf they cannot pass. Maybe God allows a sign for some people, but for me, He hasn't. The only thing I remember was once, shortly after he died, and it involved getting a rainbow...you see, there was a spectacular storm with 3 rainbows in it at the time that he died, and I felt that rainbow was a reassurance just when I needed it...otherwise...nothing.

Sometime after I lost my husband I had a dream that I was in the kitchen area of my house where I can see into another room. I turned around and saw Charlie sitting in a chair in that room. I walked over to him, he stood up and we hugged - then I woke up. That's been about it, but atleast I got a hug from him.

Somebody told me that you don't start dreaming about them until you've "accepted" that they are gone. Don't really think that's true 'cause I don't think at the time I had my dream I was to that point. Sometimes, now, I'm still not sure I've "accepted" it.

I wanted to tell all of you something. Don't know how many of you believe in psychic mediums, but my motherinlaw had a "reading" the other day. She wanted to hear from my husband and one thing he "said" was that we needed to continue talking to him because he hears everything we say to him. So all of you need to keep talking to your loved one!!

Hugs to all of you!

Patti

I don't usually remember my dreams. The ones I do remember are very vivid. I have had a few with Tom in them. One was very comforting, like he was telling me he was OK. I really enjoyed that one. But, in another one I was screaming and crying for him not to go, not to leave me. I woke up crying from that one. So, it's been a while since I had one with him in it.

I'm not sure, but I'd like to think that he was visiting me. :blush:

I've only had one dream about my husband and that was shortly after his death.

Our adult daughter who died in 1993 was in the dream too. Both were in good health.

The dream included our immediate family and we were all laughing and teasing my husband because we'd thought he was dead. He laughed and said, "well now you know I'm not dead, I'm right here with all of you".

My daughter had a dream that he told her, "Tell mom to look in the metal box, she missed something important". I knew I hadn't missed anything in the metal box we kept our important papers in. We've joked about it since, but I didn't worry about it. The other day my son-in-law put some things in the closet for me and we heard a scraping noise. I asked him what was in there and he said, "it's just an old metal box. My daughter and I locked eyes and asked him to hand it to us. The box contained some old pictures and information that I'd been looking for for years and thought were gone forever. The contents provided an afternoon of fond memories.