Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Hate The Weekends

Im having a rough day. My life just feels so empty today. I know I have the baby and he makes me happy, but I just cant help the way I feel. It just feels like something is always wrong. I always feel on edge because he's gone. Everything just seems so purposless. The weekends are especially hard. Everyone seems to have someone and something to do but me. Jason and I used to go out or do something. Now Im just a third wheel. My sis and her boyfreind dont even ask me anymore. I bring up Id like to go with them and they always make their plans even around me and done even consider me. It hurts so much to be so alone in this world. Well I just needed to vent and talk to some people who can understand me.

Chrissy, I know what you mean. We used to look foward to the weekends, and it's so hard when you have to do it alone. It's hard for me to see other couples together. Seeing my brother and his wife with thier new baby made me so sad. I just miss having that closeness. My sister in law said I seem so withdrawn and lonely. Well I am. I know, it does feel purposless now, nothing means anything to me anymore. It feels like there's nothing to look forward to. I'm sorry Chrissy, I know this isn't helping. But I wanted you to know I understand and we are lucky to have our kids, we have to keep going for them. Let's give them lots of hugs and kisses tonight. Love, Laurie

I've been trying to think of something poetic to share, but I feel the same and can't seem to find any encouragement for us! I have heard a few people comment that finding new friends that don't relate you to your significant other can be more fun than being around people that can sometimes just feel sad to look at you and know what you have lost.

Happy Saturday night to us..I am giving myself a facial!

I'm sorry, Chrissy - the weekends can be really hard. It makes me feel very annoyed with your sister - sometimes people just don't think of others!!!

If we were physically closer, WE could make plans!!!

I remember when my daughter was little, there was a group called "parents without partners"...are they still around. I know they used to have outings with the children - men and women - and right off the bat everyone has something in common.

Maybe it's worth a look.

Love, Benita

Chrissy,

"Everything just seems so purposeless. The weekends are especially hard. Everyone seems to have someone and something to do but me." That seems to echo what I've felt since George died. I used to always look forward to the weekends. Everyone else's life has moved on. My sister and my daughter used to be there for me but it was long ago that they moved on. My church and a couple of friends used to be there but they're all gone now. Shoot, they didn't even remember me on my birthday. Doing Friday nights through Sunday nights is so hard. I am seeing a friend of George's and that helps but I can't count on seeing him on the weekend because we live so far apart and he's going through so much stuff of his own right now, so I really can't let myself look forward to the weekends at all, it's too hard when things fall through. Try to make plans with someone if at all possible, call a friend, if they're busy, try someone else...keep going until you find someone, something you can enjoy and look forward to over the weekend. Parents without Partners sounds like a good idea...I live in such a small town we don't have things like that. It is such a huge rough adjustment, things won't ever feel or be the same. It's like sometimes I feel that no matter what I do or try, the joy has gone out of my world. I think we all feel like that.

KayC Jenn Benita and Laurie,

Thank you for your responses. I hope to like the weekends more when I get back to work from my maternity leave. I think being stuck in my house all day and night doesnt help. My mom in law invited me over for diner tonight so I have something for today. My in laws are so wonderful. Well thanks again for your responses.