Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Tomorrow's My Birthday...without Mom

LoriS.

Tomorrow's my birthday...my first one without my Mom here on earth. How ironic...she gave birth to me 49 years ago tomorrow and I am here because of her. I've decided that she is with me in spirit...and so is my dad...and that I am going to have a good day. My husband and I have plans to go bike riding tomorrow and the weather here where I live is absolutely beautiful. My mom would be happy...I know she'll be with me on the back of my bike enjoying the weather!

I hope all is well. I've been reading a lot of posts and so many of us are having such a hard time lately. My prayers and thoughts are with all of you as always. I know it's so up and down.

Love and hugs to all...Lori

Lori,

Happy Birthday in advance. It will be bittersweet. My birthday was only 3 weeks after she passed. She was always the first one to call me in the morning. But like you said we're here because of our parents. They are still with us. I feel her always. My prayers to you for a peaceful day.

Missing my Mom,

Trudy

Lori:

How was your b-day?? I turned 29 a few weeks ago...it was the 1st one w/o mom here. What helped me was staying busy. I went out to eat the day before my b-day w/ family (those that could make it), and then on my actual b-day I had cake over at my brother's w/ family and friends. My SIL gave me a beautiful photo album from her recent wedding to my brother. In it was pictures of my mom. It felt like mom was there celebrating w/ me.

Happy belated b-day!!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! I had a great day. We went for a 35 mile bike ride...yikes! Than out to dinner with another couple. I had a lot of phone calls from friends and family and everyone agreed that my mom was definately with me and wishing me well!

Hugs to all...Lori