Grief Healing Discussion Groups

It Sure Doesn't Go Away

Thank you Karen for calling me a friend, blessings to you too, always good to hear from you...

William

John,

I don't write often. I read and every time your posts bring warmth to my heart. You are able to put into words so many of the feelings I myself have. It is good to hear from you. I wish you well on this long journey. I just passed the 2 year mark since Tom left. Really, it does get better. But also, just when you think you have it under control, it jumps up and slaps you again.

I continue to say it and again am reminded, what a special group of people you are. John, you have gleaned a lot of wisdom that many here have as well, but you have such an articulate way of putting things, you express all of us.

Today marks 2 1/2 years since I lost Charlie - the most special man that ever came into my life. I had been busy with a friend being at my house for most of the weekend, so as to not have her think I'm crazy I had not been out on the back patio "talking" to Charlie for the last few days. Went out last night and told him what's been going on and how much I miss and love him - told him that I can't believe it's been 30 months without him....the tears started flowing! It SURE doesn't go away, but it definately gets "easier" (if that's what you want to call it...). As others have said, it becomes "normal".

The sadness and the tears are not as often, but as Kathy said...it jumps up and slaps you sometimes.

I'm so glad you all are here! Some people are "indicating" that I should be starting to get passed this by now. To those people I just don't say much to them about Charlie anymore. Glad I have you all to talk to!!

I know that Larrysgirl is at 1 1/2 years today. Just so happens we lost out beloved husbands on the same day - one year apart. Great big HUGS to you, Deborah!!!

I hope everyone has the best day possible.

Patti

Patti, I think we revise the definition of normal to mean we are so! I am glad you posted, always something to learn here, God bless you!

William

Deborah, Patti, and all others in this boat,

I know today was as tough as other days have been, and maybe even tougher. I hope you were able to steel yourselves at this milestone, and are able to look forward with hope.

Those in our position will always know:

Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love. It can't take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death.” - Unknown

My thoughts are with you. - Steve