Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My First Post From Far Away

7 months ago ilost my husbant yiani he was my evrything ifind my self lost in a world without him my feelings for my children and grandchildren are frozen .there are moments of panic how can igo on .we have sold our house planing to retire in our summer house that he loved so mush .ican not go back to that house alone evry thing went so fast ican not beleave it is real died of liver cancer in 10 days without previous symtoms. please excuse my english i try to comunicate the best i can i wish i could exspres my feelings better ineed help thank you for beeing there

I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband. You have come to a wonderful site full of others who are grieving like you. You've done very well in your english, no problem. Its very hard to lose someone who was everything to you. I know that also. My Larry had liver cancer at the end and was gone within days. Its so tragic. We will help and listen so keep posting your feelings here. Just to let you know I'm thinking of you and wish for your some peace today. Deborah

Teny...

I lost my husband very quickly as you did. It is a real shock. I am sorry for your loss and certainly understand your feelings. I, too, have grandchildren and my Jack and I were going to build a retirement home on our ocean property. In the almost two years since he died I have not been back there and did sell the property. We spent many happy times there but I cannot go back. As you probably have read some of the posts on this forum we all are at some stage in this grieving time and do empathize with what you are going through. This process takes a lot of time and energy trying to cope with a huge variety of feelings. I have found that trying to keep busy has helped me and also being around sensitive and caring people. Try to take good care of yourself and you will make it even though it takes time. Believe me, some days are better than others. Keep us posted on how you are doing and take care.

KarenB

Teny - I am truly sorry for your loss!! My heart goes out to you. I, too, lost my husband, Charlie. It's been a little over 2 1/2 years and he was just 46 years old. I won't tell you that I don't miss him anymore 'cause I absolutely do!!! I always will!! He was the best husband, friend, lover and confidant - we loved each other very much. He gave me the best 20+ years of my life.

I can tell you that dealing with this loss does get easier with time. 7 months is still quite new and from what I remember and have read here, it's about the time you come to reality...that they are REALLY gone and won't be back. I think that is why everyone seems to "hit bottom" about that same time frame. YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT!!! WE will be there for you...it doesn't matter how far away you are.

You will find so many caring and understanding people on this website. Just keep coming and posting or atleast reading....

I'm sending you long-distance hugs!! Take care of yourself.

Patti

P.S. I have ALWAYS wanted to travel to Greece! I think it's absolutely beautiful. I am jealous of you living there!! :)

teny,

I am sorry you lost your husband. I understand how you feel. I have not been able to stay in the trailer that George and I bought and furnished, it was so much a part of our dreams and "us". Seven months is still pretty fresh, it will get better to deal with although it will take some time. Please come back to this site whenever you want. Your english is fine, we can understand you. Take care of yourself, we know all too well what you are experiencing.

Teny,

I sympathize with you, you are doing the best you can, I lost my wife to cancer

3 months ago and I am still numb, I learned it doesn't get easier so soon, but what comes naturally for us as a individual is our own healing at our pace, Please always when you need to post here, we will stand by you!

William