Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Remembering...

Hey, you guys...

This is a first for me, and I am going to go down and watch "Antiques Road Show" that Jack and I so enjoyed. I've seen it and I won't watch it because of sad memories of....he'd sit in his chair, I would sit at his feet, and Sadie Mae would sit at my feet. He'd massage my neck and shoulders, I would brush Sadie Mae and we'd wonder if we had anything that would be antique. That's such a good memory and now that's where I'm going....Sadie Mae at my feet and my husband watching over my shoulder.

Love you my friends, Karen :wub:;)

Thanks Bob....dumb lump in my throat.

LU K :wub:;)

Well, Sadie Mae put her paw on my head....we were lying down in bed and she gave out this big sign when I talked about "Jack" - dogs have such good memories...and I just smiled. By the way, I DO know how to spell, "remembering."

LU...K :wub:;)

Not to worry, Karen ~ all fixed :wub:

Edited by MartyT

By the way, I DO know how to spell, "remembering."

Not to worry, Karen ~ all fixed :wub:

Marty....Have I failed to let you know how special you are....I hope not!

Karen,

That was a big step for you, I know. How did you feel afterwards?

I am so proud of you!

Rosanne

Rosanne, You know Sadie Mae and I just enjoyed....I did have some tears, but that's nothing new. We just go on, right?

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Karen,

It's nice to have such goo memories...I had to laugh at the part where you said "and we'd both wonder if we had any antiques". :D

Hey Kay could you just see Karen and her husband running around during Antiques Roadshow ( I love watching that too) and picking things up and looking underneath and looking for tags on the bottom and signatures etc ? Karen you come here to Jersey to visit and you and I will go Antique shopping together, okay? Decorating and shopping for Antiques are my passions !

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Wendy....Totally cool! First you have to put a patch on my arm, give me a Valium, and four glasses of wine to get me on a plane. Just kidding sort of...my son lives in Kauai. And here's a story...Jack and I watched his Springer Spaniel for four months in quaranteen before she could join my son in Kauai. Springer means "springer!" After he died I watched her for two more months and my son, knowing how I hate flying, sent his wife here to visit, pick me and his dog up and fly us to Kauai where he got me a week's condo, car, etc. Well, his wife piled Annie Bananie and me down to Sea-Tac, had to stay in a motel all night to make the plane, she picked up some salmon to take back, and finally, with the help of a Sea-Tac person made it to the ticketing. There they said she couldn't take the fish on the plane, we had to put it into a garbage sack, so there was Grace hauling a big garbage sack full of fish onto the plane and into the overhead with people staring, got the dog settled, and me into my seat (whatta whimp I am about flying). I thought I would be with his wife. I got some college student, who was very nice for 5 hours!!! Well, much more happened before we made it to Kauai. Oh, whatta life!! I don't know why I said this, except you triggered one of my most remembered times.

Annie Bananie has had to litters of pups now. Jack and I went to Kauai several times before he died...it is magical and beautiful and slow moving. I just love it....touristing where no one else knows about, picnics on oh, so lovely beaches, little "surfers"...wonderful meals, beautiful sunsets, all of the above. My son says he's going to "make" me come back again. It's been a while since I've seen him. My camera gets overworked when I'm there. Have a wonderful day!

[attachmentid=205]

No, I don't have any yet. Here's Annie while she was in quaranteen with us, going fishing on our boat. Annie Bananie is her nickname and what we always call her, but her real one is Annie Oakley and her "husband" is Harley Davidson. Grace takes them to the beach and Annie gets cocanuts and brings them to people to play with her. If she goes too far, Harley grabs her collar and pulls her back to Grace. When the three of them swim, it's just like they're floating on top of the beautiful blue water. I can't move there. I love Jack's and my home here, but I'll visit again. It's so beautiful there.

post-2896-1194635550_thumb.jpg

Yeah, doesn't she just look like a feisty little Annie Bananie. She's not shown, she's just a sweet little mother with expensive babes. I miss her, but spaniels are a real handful. She even made my Sadie Mae tired. Sadie was a good mother to Annie Bananie, even gave her bed to her. That was quite a time. I'm glad you're smiling!

Karen

thanks for sharing your story. it must be beautiful where your son lives. i love his dog. i am a animal person and think that they are all wonderufl.

i am glad that you got to watch the antique show. there are alot of shows i still won't watche b/c my mom loved them. its crazy how those thing bother us. some people don't undestand when i tell them that.

i also hate flying. thank God my husband doesn't mind driving. we drive to florida or where ever. the only problem is that i would love to go to Hawaii and Europe. my little one asked my husband if he could drive us to Hawaii. the last time we flew it was to Calif. it was a 5 hr flight, my little one vomiting for 5 hrs staight and then had green diar. in his pants. not fun. i had my rosary beads wrapped around my hand so tight that they made a mark. hopefully i will try it again soon.

Lori

OMG, what an awful time. It's a good thing mothers have strong stomachs! I'll go to Kauai, again, but I'll probably ask a lady friend to go with me. She travels all the time with no problems at all. Oh, well. Hey, you have a peaceful weekend. Do you have one child, or more?

Karen

I have two beautiful boys. my oldest Dylan is 12 and Kevin is 9. i don't know what i would be with out them. i am a better humman being b/c of them.

Maybe one day we will try to fly again. i am not sure how kevin will do again. he suffers from a vomiting disorder which complicates everything. he is medicated 6x a day. he has such a great attitude and does everything a boy should do. i hear people complain when they get a stomach bug and i think of him who deals with chronic nausea everyday, but he keeps going. i have learned not to complain about being sick because i see what he goes through.

thanks for listening. lori

thanks for asking. he has CVS and they are not sure if he will out grow it. both my boys were born with Gy problems and we go to Childrens Hospital in Phil with them. kevin is so brave, i go not imagine feeling like that , i hate it was i feel sick to my stomach. he takes meds to try and prevent the cycle, meds to calm the stomach down, meds to control the nausea and meds for the reflux he has. it has been a long hard road but if you saw he you would smile. we are happy when the days are good and when there bad we just roll with them. he was real sick in the beginning of the summer, i didn't post about it b/c i wasn't sure if others would want to hear about it with there grief. he lost wt, he is thin to begin with and could not keep anything down. we then added another medication and things have been better, the only problem is you don't know how long the meds will work. we just take one day at a time. thanks for letting me talk. lori

Lori,

I don't know if it's okay with you but I joined a group of the women from the church I've been going to for the last four months, and they're pretty powerful prayer women. When I ask for something for my family or whomever, like my grandaughther going to the hurricane relief in the Dominican Republic, they ask the name and I know, without a doubt, that they will pray for that person. Is it okay that I ask for Kevin....I'll do that myself, without your permission (just kidding). Just wanted you to know that I'm sorry he's going through this...whatta strong person and you too, mom. My grandma's heart just says, "Poor baby!"

:wub: Karen