Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mom Knew Me Best Of Everyone

My mom knew me best of anyone throughout my entire life, after all I am 51 years young and who else to have talked to, listened to, cried with and grown up together more with than my dear loving Mom.

She died this past July 16, just two weeks before her 78th birthday. She lived back east with my younger sister. They were much closer than I was towards then end of Mom's life. I was close to her when I was a youth.

I helped her to raise my younger sister and brother whom are 10 and 12 years younger than I.

My mom was a beautiful woman, body, mind and spirit as was her mother of Irish descent. She lives now with my dad in Heaven where they have been united once again and get to live happily ever after.

Sometimes my heart hurts so much, I have pain in my chest where my heart is because of her not being on this earthly plane. In my mind, I know many Spiritual principles about our new relationship and that she is closer to me now than she ever has been. I suppose the grieving process is about aligning my mind and heart once again where she is concerned because I loved her so much. Also, with her passing, I seem to be grieving again over the loss of my dad, whom I loved so dearly.

My sister and I are becoming much closer, which my mom always wanted for us. I am very happy about that.

Thank you all for being here and especially for this website and discussion group. I feel better when I read a little and write a little, it helps to lighten some of the sadness.

God Bless.

Love,

Linda

Linda, dear, many of us here are mourning the death of both our beloved parents, and we're glad you found your way to us. Please accept our heartfelt sympathy for your losses, and know that you are being held gently in our hearts.

Linda

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. I can't imagine. I still have my wonderful mother. She is 80 years old. I lost my husband and my Dad this year and my mother has been such a strength to me. My heart goes out to you. There are lots of wonderful, caring and compassionate people here that will help you along the way. Take care.

Suzanne

Linda,

I'm so glad you found this site. It has been a lifesaver for many of us! I'm so sorry about losing your mom (I lost mine this past June). I also "re-grieved" for many of my other losses. It just brings it all up again, doesn't it? Hang in there.

Hugs,

Shell

Linda

I am so sorry about your mom. i lost mine july 3, 2006 and it feels like yesterday. i understand the pain you feel in your heart b/c i have it also. i know that our moms are in a better place but that doesn't stop us from missing them and wanting them here.

You have found a wonderful place to come and talk. please keeping coming back and sharing about your mom.

Lori

Dear Linda,

I can certainly identify with parts of your post. My mom died July 17 and was 77.

Our parents tend to be our longest relationship and followed I think by our children. Nowadays spouses come and go. For me I never married so I probably formed closer bonds with my mother and my daughter. I think we talk, list and cry more with our parents and children than anyone else. When we go through a difficult time we can share those things with our parents and get the wisdome from their experiences, yet we cry with our children when they go through rough times as our parents did for us. The unconditional people that we love no matter how they push our buttons (or not) again - parents and children.

For the first while after my mom passed I felt she was around me but the last while I don't feel she is around anymore. I am not a very spiritual person so now as my thoughts gravitate back to how they used to be before my mom died, I get more depressed. I certainly hope there is a very positive afterlife where my parents are reunited. But as my thoughts return and it gets to where I don't know whether there is or not, I am filled with sorrow for the sad times that my mom endured and that we all deserve to have a good life.

At the moment, the biggest thing that I am having a problem with is that it is snowing and that my mom's body is freezing underground. I know that it is only a shell, but it still bothers me a great deal. I feel closest to her when I am at her grave and I talk to her there hoping that she will hear me.

I hope that she will visit me in my dreams. I dreamt of her the other night, and thankfully it wasn't that she died like when I first dreamt of her after her death but rather now it's more like half way through the last six months where she was sick. But she was crying in my dream which really made me sad. She cried that she was sick and had to leave.

My daughter asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I couldn't say, because all I want is to have my mom back. I'm sure everyone here is the same. They want their parent(s) back.

I'm not likely making much sense. I've had to take some cold medicine and I've got horrible insomnia the last week. Hopefully tonight I'll get some well needed rest and with any luck I'll see my mom again, but when she is not sick.

Allalone,

I'm sorry your sick and hope you get better soon. You are so right about mothers and children. There is such a close bond there.

I also have dreamed of my mom only twice so far and in both dreams she was sick. It made me so sad. I think I'm actually blocking remembering my dreams now so I hope I'm not missing something pleasant, but I hate to remember them, as almost all my dreams are either sad, scary or just weird and confusing. So when I wake up and start to recall details, I just shut off my mind and get busy with something else so I won't remember the dream. Anyway, I hope to have a good dream about my mom sometime and hope you do too.

Hugs,

Shell