Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Tv Show Topic Today

AnnieO

I am not sure I heard it correctly but they did a commercial for the Ophra W. show today and I think it was asking a question. "If you could spend one more day with someone you love and have lost, how would you spend it?" I have already decided I won't watch it, too hard, but I have spent the afternoon thinking , how would I spend one more day with my mom and dad? I can't imagine.I do know I would make sure and say all the things I never got a chance to say.

This week has been so hard, one of the hardest so far. Monday was my dad's birthday and this Friday it will be one year since my mom died. Thanks for listening, no real point to my post, just thinking out loud.

Hi Annie,

No, I'm not going to watch it either...what good would that do, huh? I'm sorry you're have a tough time lately, I understand. It's over two years since Jack passed away and I haven't had a melt down for a while, but sure did the other night. Thank goodness I could call my daughter and bawl over the phone. She's such a good daughter. I hope you have a better day. Hang in there.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Karen,

It made me smile when you said your daughter "is such a good daughter".The last few months my mom was alive that's how we always said good-bye. She would tell me I was such a good daughter and I would tell her she was such a good mom! I am glad you have a good daughter too! And she is lucky to have you for a mom!

Well if I had one more day to spend with Steve, it would be rough knowing it was the last but I would make it a very special day and make sure he know how much I loved him and appreciated all he did. Gosh that would be hard as you would want it to be a very sensitive and passionate day yet I would probably spend the whole day crying knowing it was his last. This is harder than I thought.

Wendy :wub:

Dear Ones,

Just FYI, the TV program is based on the best-selling book, For One More Day, by Mitch Albom (also the author of Tuesdays with Morrie). For what it's worth, I've read both books, and I didn't like this one nearly as much as Tuesdays.

Writing in this week's TV Guide, critic Matt Roush describes the TV adaptation as a "thin, predictable memory play [about]. . . an alcoholic ex-baseball player whose thoughts of suicide are interrupted by a magical visit from the ghost of his mother . . . with whom he gets to spend a day remembering their unhappy history. 'Our Town' this isn't. It's the too-familiar fable of a boy who could never live up to his distant dad's ideals when he should have been listening to his all-sacrificing mom all along . . ." The son is played by Michael Imperioli (who played Christopher in The Sopranos), and Ellen Burstyn plays his mother.

Hi Annie,

Sorry for your rough day. Hope today is better and tomorrow even better than that. I'm so glad you have a good daughter.

I wouldn't want to watch the show either. And it's one of those things that's almost impossible to even think about.

Big hugs,

Shell