Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Small Step Ahead

Today I feel like I accomplished something good: I restarted my exercise program. It was the first time in two months that I've had both the will and the energy to work out (before then, I worked out religiously four days a week). It felt good. Not to compare it to walking on the moon, but it was a small step for a woman. Especially one who has been spending so much time wondering why I should try to go on.

Kathy,

That is good to hear, I agree with you, I have never exercised before and I joined a gym this past month and it hasd been great. I actually have energy when I get home and want to move around instead of sitting in front of the tv doing nothing. Before Karen died I didn't watch much tv and I was always doing something. I never thought that exercising would give you energy or get you out of a slump.

Love always

Derek

As a (mostly) reformed couch potato (or more precisely, desk chair potato) I salute thee. It would make a great movie: "The Return of Will Power".

==> "She lost her will power, but now it's baaack ... stronger than ever."

Cheers,

--Bob

Today I feel like I accomplished something good: I restarted my exercise program. It was the first time in two months that I've had both the will and the energy to work out (before then, I worked out religiously four days a week). It felt good. Not to compare it to walking on the moon, but it was a small step for a woman. Especially one who has been spending so much time wondering why I should try to go on.

Kathy,

That is great! Go get em! :P