Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Going Thru This Tropical Storm Alone

Hi everyone, I'm in the midst of Tropical Storm Hanna, with the worst not coming until tomorrow. This will be the first tropical storm on my own. Possibly a hurricane coming next week. I live near the oceanfront. Its not that I can't take care of myself, its that I'm too exhausted to go it alone. I've done the preparations and worn myself slam out. I don't feel well and am nervous about going it alone. I've missed Larry so badly today. I felt so safe and comforted with him. Life doesn't care if you are tired and hurting, it just keeps taking its toll. I'll take care of our dogs, the love of Larry's life. I do what I have to, but theres no meaning in life for me anymore. Its just another thing to get thru, another thing to survive. Sometimes I don't think I can survive another minute. Wish me well, Deborah

Oh my gosh, Deborah....I'll pray for your safety. I don't know how you do it....I would be so afraid to be alone in all that. We went through some terrible times in my part of the country last year. All I did was bring in some wood and sleep in front of the fireplace in a sleeping bag with my dog, and we made it. We were without power for about a week then. It's so hard to do these things alone. I really understand. Please take care and please let us know how you're doing.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Guest moparlicious

Deborah,

Im sooo sorry, you are not alone, you have all of us. I know in my heart Larry was with you the entire time. I love you,Love your friend, Kim

Just a quick update, still raining and gusts of wind. Part of my fence is down laying in the yard, lawn furniture that was against the house turned upside down. Pots of flowers, broken and tossed. Small tree down laying across part of my fence. The worst is during the night my leg began cramping out of the blue and I can't get it to stop throbbing. I don't feel like trying to go out in this and stand my fence back. Thanks for everyones kind words. Hanging in there so far. Deborah

Anything that can't be a projectile in to the house just leave alone for a while because it looks like there is more to come. No need in wearing yourself out to just have it come again.

Just relax and watch a movie (if you have electricty). Anything that is suppose to be there will still be there when all of them are done passing through.

Stay safe.

Hey Deb hope all is well, we are having flickering lights here but so far we have power, our street looks like a river and tree limbs and furniture are all over too. I have candles lit just in case but it is pretty scarey out there. Let us know how it goes by you.

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Deborah,

Are you okay? Praying for your safety...don't worry about the fence for now, just sit it out until it's over. Maybe a neighbor or someone can help when it's over. I still have two trees down in my back yard from a storm and nothing I can do about them on my own, the chainsaw I have is way too heavy for me! Yes, we sure miss Larry and George when these things come our way! We were blessed to have had them care for us! Someday, Deborah, someday we'll get to join them...just not yet...hang in there!

Love,

KayC