Grief Healing Discussion Groups

One Year Ago Today

I just can't believe a year has passed without my mom. A year since my brother called to say "mom took a turn for the worse". We all rushed to her side and had 5 hrs with her, she was non responsive. Quietly breathing with an oxygen mask to make her breathing easier. Then watching turn her head up, not gasping for air, though I believe she was. The nurse said 3 or 4 more breaths and she would be gone, and she was. God I miss her.

We are all meeting at the cemetery at 11:34 today.

Please say prayers for us. This is the hardest thing we have ever, ever had to go through....losing our mom and our best friend. She was 91 years old.

According to your profile, it is just after 11:34. I hope things went well for you and it wasn't too cold.

I'll say an extra prayer for you today and the rest of the week because I just passed the year and the entire week was bad.

Well, it was nice. The four of us kids (and spouses) took flowers and talked. Then at exactly 11:34 we all closed our eyes and talked to her, told her we loved her and missed her.

I think I am really going through a bad depression over all of this. All I want to do is sleep and I need to get out and get a job. I don't know what to do. I just want to sleep I miss her so much.

I think that is wonderful that your whole family was able to do that. I am sorry you are so sad. I have days where I feel the same way. I just try to remember that I told my mom that I would be fine and she would always be with me and this helps. Sometimes it is just so hard. Stay strong!

Kate