Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Need Advise

Hellow my far away friends Im feeling not progresing and cry every day I can not find joy even in the coming of my new grandaughter.The American gollege of Greece has a program of continuing education .Seminars are taking place next month and one of them is about death and lonlynes.I can not deside if its going to be of any help or it will bring me down in the very begining of my grief.Please give me advise.TENY

Teny,

I think that corse would be a great idea. Yes, it may be difficult to go through however it may help you to face what is hanging you up and prerventing you from healing. It is difficult to face things like this however, we can't run from them either. If we run from these things then we will become stuck in a rut that will be difficult to get out of. I encourage you to go to that course, it may be somewhat painful, ut in the long run I believe it will help.

Love always

Derek

Oh Teny I agree with Derek. I think it is a wonderful idea to take the course! It may be just what you need to help you feel more like you are progressing or perhaps allow you to feel like you are not stuck.

And for me.. I have found in life that I can never "go back" to an earlier level of feelings or awareness. It is impossible, I find.

You see every experience I have had in life, teaches me things. I learn things. And I simply can't "un-know" what I now know. So it's virtually impossible for me to go back to thinking and feeling exactly the way I did in the past.

I'm sure there will be moments in this course that may be hard and may bring on tears. But really Teny.. there is nothing wrong with the tears. Let them flow and heal you. I think also.. just being with other people taking the course will be so good for you. It is so nice to be with people who understand very much what we are feeling. And I think you may find also that you have progressed farther than you think you have.

I would try it Teny.

((((Hugs))))

leeann

Teny I agree also, if it were me and the course was available here I would definately take it. This may be the chance also for you to meet other people who are going through the same grief and be able to have people to talk to in person, and possibly make some new good friends. I remember Gail also saying almost the same thing about her first Grandchild when he was on the way, being upset that Bruce would not be there, but once he was born she was so happy and you will be too my friend.

Love Always,

Wendy :wub:

Teny, why don't you take the pressure off yourself and give it a try. If it is not for you then stop going. Like others have said, you may meet people who are also grieving and that would be helpful for you. Give it a try. I also feel stuck but I guess we really aren't, it just some of us take it slower than others. Deborah

Teny - I agree with the other folks - it's worth a try, and indeed, you may find other kindred souls that may turn into friends. If it brings you down, you don't have to continue - but you may find it the other way around in that it will be positive and helpful to you. Don't know until you try, right? Love, Marsha

Teny,

I think it sounds wonderful! You can't know if it will be of help to you or not until you've taken it, but I'm sure hoping it will!

Love,

Kay

Hi Teny, I guess we all agree that it would be a good idea for you to go to the seminars. While I also agree with the reasons everyone else are giving you to go, I would like to add one more. I have found that I need to schedule activities with other people to get myself out of the house. I can get up and go to work every day or even get out to Church, but if I don`t feel that I have to go out; I don`t. It is the knowledge that someone else is expecting me to do something that often forces me to interact with other people. I think that almost anything that will get you out and meeting with other people will be good for you. Let us know all that you learn there. We are now expecting you to go and tell us all about the seminars! (((HUGS)))

Hellow my friends .Thank you for your repllys I asked the same question my sister in law and she told me < why do you have to go you are ready yourself to write a book about death and lonlynes>.Well I will folow your advise and follow the corse.I have been told that I can get money back if I can not cope for any reason.Starting next month so I will post all about Thank you my far away friends .TENY

Teny,

I did do this. I work at a college, and a well known professor of psychology teaches a class here on death and dying and grief. I took the class, and it helped me a lot. Some of it was difficult, but the professor was wonderful to me, and I am very glad I took it.

Ann