Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Far Away Friends

Hellow my friends .It has been very silent lately so I wonder is every one OK ?I miss you especialy those of you that have started togethet the terible nightmare.Bob Wendy Fred Gail Karenb Deborah Derek Corrine Kay Lily ....Im sorry if I forget names.For me it is 28 months and yesterday was the first night I slept without using a pill.There are some days that I feel less pain but heis always with me.My thoughts are every day with my loss.I have a fear for the coming easter hillidays especialy the week before.The week before our church celebrates this week with alot grief for death and the ceremonies are very painfull.I hope that at the end of April my grandaughter is goin to be born.April is a significant month .I met Yiany the 9 my birthday is the11 Yianys the 22 my fathers 29 .Love from far away .TENY

Teny - - I am a fairly new member of this very sad, but very caring community. My husband of 28 years passed away just over two months ago. I, too, am concerned about the coming month. Not because I have as much going on as you, but, like you, I fear the holiday rituals. My husband was a very religeous man and he loved the Easter season. I'm afraid that I always found it sad, even before his death. I will try to concentrate on the positive side of Easter, though that will be difficult.

Congratulations on being able to sleep without a pill. I'm waiting for that day to come, but I believe it is far in the future. I will be thinking about you over the holidays. I sincerely hope that you come through them o.k.

Kathy

Hi Teny, it has been alittle bit quiet around here. You have alot going on in April. An arrival of a new grandaughter, birthdays and Easter, just take it one at a time so you don't feel overwhelmed. I'm glad to hear you were able to sleep one night without a pill, that must make you feel alittle better. They are always with us Teny. There isn't a day or night that Larry is out of my thoughts and will always be in my heart. Yanni is always with you. Deborah

Hi Teny, Congratulations on sleeping through the night! Yes, I can remember the first time I was able to do so. For the longest time I thought I never would be rested again.

I am still here on the site. I pop in every couple of days or so to see what is going on and if there is some way I may be able to help others. My progress is slow, difficult and requires a great deal of effort. As always, there are still major setbacks, but I am healing, my friend. My wife will always be with me and I will never be the same, but I am learning to live again.

I know what you are saying about Easter and Holy Week as well, they are difficult times even without the losses we have suffered. There was a funeral at my little Church last week and it opened the doors to my grief all over again. I guess we will have to learn to expect that. It is a part of who we are now.

As far as the rest of our group, they are coming along slowly as well. I am in touch with some of them outside of this site and we all have our ups and downs. Please take good care of yourself, and a new granddaughter is a wonderful thing to look forward too. Love, (((Hugs))) and prayers always! :wub:

Teny,

Thank you for the greetings! Congratulations on sleeping one night without a pill, that may not seem like much to you, but it is a big feat!

I broke my finger and damaged my ligaments three weeks ago and instead of it getting better, it's worse, so it's hard for me to type right now, so I haven't written much, I keep having to go back and correct it.

I'm involved with choir so it's helping me with Easter season approaching. Easter was always my favorite time of the year because of it's Christian significance, but it's hard to do it alone, but that's how I've done it the last four years. The first year after George died, I chose to ignore it, I'd already suffered through Father's Day (the day he died), 4th of July, Labor Day (a big day in my family), my birthday (everyone forgot it), our anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and Valentine's Day, so by the time Easter rolled around, I major rebelled! Celebrate it the best way for YOU! And yes, look forward to the birth of your granddaughter!

Love,

Kay

Hello Teny my far away friend ! I am here and I am so glad you made it through the night without a pill...CONGRATULATIONS !!! April will be a hard month for me too, on the 28th it would have been mine and Steve's 30th wedding anniversary.....that one is going to be hard for me. I will tell Derek to pop in and say hello when he gets back and settles in, right now he is on his way back home and in New Mexico for the night before getting back on the road again. Take care and I will talk to you soon !

Love You !

Wendy :wub:

Teny,

I took me a long while to go to sleep without medication but the day will come. April will have a lot of things for you to work through. They will be painful but I believe they will be healing as well. Easter does symbolize death however at the same time it celebrates life and the eternal life we are given by the sacrafice of our Lord's son. By believing in Him, we are guareenteed everlasting life with Him and all of our loved ones gone before. They will be celebrating life with Him and one day we will also be with them. For now we are left with the lonliness and missing them. You have come a long way in the last few years, you still have a ways to go but you are doing it one day at a time, one step at a time. Hang in there.

Love always

Derek