Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hello my friends

I have just started a blog because my counsellor thinks that it will help me. There are only a couple of entries on there so far, and I need to figure out how to upload stuff to make it a little more interesting, but if you want to check it out, please feel welcome to :rolleyes:

The beginning was tough-going because I had to re-live every second of Cliff dying, but I feel much better now that I have done it. A sense of release, rather than relief. Therefore it starts in a dark place, but should progress to dark humour and plenty of British sarcasm in the coming weeks.

I'm writing the blog for me initially, but my secret wish is that eventually it may help others in our situation in the future, so feel free to pass on the link if you want to.

http://boomayhew.blogspot.com/

Boo - I just read your blog, and I got goosebumps. It was like I was with you in the hospital room. It was similar for me, except Joe was not conscious. But I knew he could hear. I said a very similar thing to him when I knew it was so close, even though it almost killed me to say it. He took his last breath not 5 minutes later. Your blog touched my heart - this is a brave thing you're doing. Peace, Marsha

Boo,

I think it's very therapeutic to write, it gets it expressed and helps you feel your voice is heard, plus it can be of help to others in the process. You have a very good way of expressing yourself in the written form, it makes you feel like you experienced it, you were there...you might want to consider being a writer!

My dear Boo - - I have just finished reading your blog and I've had to wait for my eyes to clear before writing this. My husband also died in the wee hours of January 6 and I feel that you and I were sharing some of the same emotions and pain at the same time. I, too, held my husband's hand until he died. Unlike you, I was lucky enough to be able to bring my husband home from the hospital and allow him to die in his own bed with me lying beside him, holding him. Please, please continue your blog. It will be of great help to others like us. I have not prayed since my husband died, but tonight I am praying for you and thanking God that he has brought you to all of us.

Kathy

It's just wonderful, Boo. Thank you so much for opening your heart and soul to the rest of us by sharing your very personal and honest grief journey in your blog. I know that as you process your grief in this very open way, you will be helping not just yourself, but countless others as well. It is an extraordinary act of generosity on your part, and we are very grateful to you for that -_-

Boo - - I just read your latest installment on your blog. It touched my heart. I have given your web address to a sister-in-law and brother-in-law. I believe it will make them understand me better. They think I am a madwoman with no hope of a cure. At least they will see that I am not the only one that does not come back to "normal" as fast as they would like. Thank you again.

Kathy

Hello Boo,

This is Gatorman and I don't think that I can quite tell you how you have helped upon the sudden passing of my beloved wife Cindy. I believe that it was you that sent me information from NOVA that possibly saved my life. I wish that I had the courage and expertise to do something as great as your blog. As I told Lily the help that you all send known or unknown is incredible. You are all in my prayers.

Hello my friends

I have just started a blog because my counsellor thinks that it will help me. There are only a couple of entries on there so far, and I need to figure out how to upload stuff to make it a little more interesting, but if you want to check it out, please feel welcome to :rolleyes:

The beginning was tough-going because I had to re-live every second of Cliff dying, but I feel much better now that I have done it. A sense of release, rather than relief. Therefore it starts in a dark place, but should progress to dark humour and plenty of British sarcasm in the coming weeks.

I'm writing the blog for me initially, but my secret wish is that eventually it may help others in our situation in the future, so feel free to pass on the link if you want to.

http://boomayhew.blogspot.com/

Boo - - I just wanted you to know that I just got an e-mail from my brother-in-law (who has been pressuring me to "get with it.") He told me that he had read your blog and he apologized to me for being so "insensitive." He said he had no idea what we were going through, but after he read your blog, he has some idea of the terrible pain that we are going through and continue to go through. Thank you again for that wonderful piece of work. It is helping all of us.

Kathy

Boo, you wrote incredibly EXACTLY what it is like, and takes me back to when my ex-husband died and I wish I could have sat by his bed in the hospital like you did, only he was on the other side of the country and no one told me he was in the hospital.

And back to my Dad who died a little more than two years ago, and taking him to the hospital. And I know my mom went through this too and is still going through it.

It helps to know we all feel these things. I felt so guilty I was not there for my ex, even though we were exes we were such close friends -- it helps me to know that somehow guilt is part of grief even if you were there all the time.

Bless you for posting your blog, not only will it help those who are grieving, but I hope everyone who knows someone who is grieving will read it because your friends and family knew so well how to help and support you, and you them.

Ann

Kathy,

Isn't it funny that it took someone else to get through to him instead of his realizing it just from what you've said to him? :blush:

Boo,

You are a gifted writer...

Hi everyone

thanks so much for all your kind messages and I am really glad that you think it will help others.

Mrs PapaJohn - thank goodness it has helped your family understand the terrible place you are in at the moment. I would agree with the comment you got, strange that he listened to a stranger rather than you, but families do that I guess.

I'm finding it very helpful to write. I just sit there and it gushes out of me without any thought or preparation, however when I read it back I find it incredibly hard and so emotional. Extremely tired when I have read any of it!!!

I promise to keep it up. I have a couple of posts to upload - they are on a memory stick, so will get it on there asap. Then I will have nearly caught up with myself time-wise and can blog in real-time.

thanks so much for your encouragement, it is so so appreciated,

Booxxxx