Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Can't Believe It's Been 4 Months

I can't believe it's been 4 months since Marc's death but it seems like I haven't seen him in forever. I can remember it so clearly- that dreadful day that changed me, my life and will change our baby girl's life forever. i also can't believe I will be giving birth to our girl in less than 9 days without him by my side to experience this joy. It will be such an emotional rollercoaster for me that day- actually it already has been but i know it will be worse that day. I am afraid not of the physical pain i will go through, but of the emotional pain that moment will bring. I have images in my head of what it will be like- I scream for Marc over and over but he is not there to hold my hand and to witness the birth of our Tabitha. I imagine when I have her and I am holding her for the first time i am crying of course and I tell her that I am so sorry her father has left this earth before he could meet her. That day will be so happy but also so sad, i just hope I can get through it because i have barely made it past these 4 months without him. I love and miss Marc so much that it drives me crazy and it hurts.

(((Talia))) I wish I could be there to give you a hug in person. Soon you will have your baby girl and although her father isn't here physically, I'm sure he'll be beaming with you when she's born. I'm sorry this is such a rough thing to go through.

Kay

Talia, its so hard to know what to say to help you. You have a very happy time to look forward to, yet it will be a sad time too. Please try to take good care of yourself these last few days, you will make it through. We all here care for you and can't wait for you to hold your new daughter. Deborah

Dear Talia,

I, too, am sorry you have to face all this without Marc. My daughter was born shortly after my Grandma passed away. It would have been one of those times she would have just moved in and cared for us. Instead, all I could think of was the wonderful person my daughter would never know. But when the time came, and my sister was there, I could feel Grandma's hands work through her. Then, looking at my beautiful daughter, it was my Grandma's eyes looking back at me. I pray your baby wears Marc's eyes or nose or ears. She is a gift from him to you. Every time you look at her, you will be reminded of the wonderful man Marc was. Hold onto that and love her. He'll be there.

Kath

Dear Talia

I was wondering how you were. When is your due date?

I too don't really know what to say to you if I am honest, because I cannot imagine it. But I do believe that Marc will live on in Tabitha and there will be times when you will cry because she will remind you so much of him, but more importantly I know there will be many more times when you will smile because she reminds you of him.

I too believe that she is a gift from him to you xxx

Thank you Kay, Deborah, Kath and Boo for listening to me and caring. Boo I am due June 29th but could go sooner according to my obstetrician. I know I will be happy when my baby is born and she has Marc's looks. I really do hope she looks a lot like him and I expect to have those moments when I will cry because I will see him in her. Tabitha will be a wonderful reminder of a wonderful man that I love so much and i am am lucky to have her- to have that part of Marc with me.

Talia, so you could be having Tabitha any day now!!!! Where HAS the time gone? I too feel as though I have not seen Cliff since forever, and then again it feels like yesterday. Time seems to behave differently since I lost him.

Please let us know how you are, especially now. You may feel vulnerable but you are going to be a beautiful Mom and Marc will be so so proud of you, as we are.

I married late in llife because I was looking for the one. God blessed me with Cindy. My grandkids called me up tonight at 11pm and I was the happiest man in the world. The miracle that you are experiencing will come back to reward you. I wish you the best.

Thank you Kay, Deborah, Kath and Boo for listening to me and caring. Boo I am due June 29th but could go sooner according to my obstetrician. I know I will be happy when my baby is born and she has Marc's looks. I really do hope she looks a lot like him and I expect to have those moments when I will cry because I will see him in her. Tabitha will be a wonderful reminder of a wonderful man that I love so much and i am am lucky to have her- to have that part of Marc with me.

3 days to go????!!!!! Talia, please let us know as soon as you have news to share PLEASE.

XX

Boo,

I will definitely post when I do give birth to Tabitha. Right now I am 4cm dilated but have no other signs of labor coming soon but I do hope it happens in the next 3 days as i am anxious to hold her in my arms for the first time.

It's funny because I was just talking about you tonight and said I wondered if you had the baby yet. Not to discourage you but I was dilated to 3 for 3 weeks with my first one and was in and out of labor.

I'll be watching for your post and hopefully some pictures.

Good luck.

Talia, I'm guessing that perhaps you are giving birth now????? We are all waiting by our laptops waiting to hear your wonderful news. Tabitha will have so many fairy godmothers through this forum :)

Good luck ... let us know

xx

Boo,

I will definitely post when I do give birth to Tabitha. Right now I am 4cm dilated but have no other signs of labor coming soon but I do hope it happens in the next 3 days as i am anxious to hold her in my arms for the first time.

No baby yet. I am still anxiously waiting as today is my due date. I see my ob tomorrow for my routine weekly appointments and i wonder if he will want to induce on a specific date if I don't give birth soon. But I will find out tomorrow. Thank you for your concern and your posts.