Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I was just in my garden picking raspberries for the first time this year. Tears welled up.

In past years I would hold a few berries in my hand and go up to Tom's studio and he would step out on his porch and I would say, "open your mouth and close your eyes and you will get a great surprise"! And he would! And I would pop in the fresh raspberry. And then we would talk about how great they are and how lucky we are to have the garden and all. Then he would go back in the studio and life would continue.

It is the small things that I miss and that only he would appreciate from me. Love is such a treasure. I love you Tom.

Valley

it's these little things that can floor us and bring us to our knees. My heart is with you Valley. I don't know if Tom is buried or if you have his ashes somewhere ... at the risk of sounding totally woo-woo and la-la ...if it were me, I'd be inclined to take him some raspberries instead of flowers, lighting a candle or however you normally remember him/visit him ... just for this week. I do stuff like that for Cliff and it gives me comfort ... as I am still including him in my day to day existance, if that makes sense?

Hugs xxx

Ah, Valley. It's the silly small things, the day to day things accumulated over the years that make a relationship so intimate and comfortable - that's what I miss so much. And Boo, you're not being la-la at all. I still talk to Joe every day, journal every day. I feel sometimes like he's still around - but I think it's coming from within me. Hugs, Marsha

I've had moments like that too, when a special moment brings me to tears. Today, however, I had a different response. I was in our bedroom, and I had a vision of him getting dressed for a Saturday night out. He looked good, and knew it, I could tell. But, as usual, he gave him self a "once over" look and then raised his hands and said, "How do I look?" Of course I would always tell him that he looked wonderful. As this vision came to my mind tonight, I just smiled and said out loud, "I love you Fred." Yes, I miss him like crazy but for a second, he was with me again and it felt good.

Yes, it IS the little things that get to us, often when least expected. I want to send you a special hug!

Kay

I just completed another major item off our to-do list (since buying this house.) Bob and I wanted to build a deck and now it is done. As I scrambled to find just the right furniture, I settled on an inexpensive "Chat Set." I waited a couple hours for help to arrive to get it home and spent the next three hours putting it all together. As I collapsed into it and looked at what Bob always called our 'realm', I realized it is just as he would have liked it and now, there is no one to "chat" with.

Hugs to all of you as we mourn the simple pleasures of our loving relationships. You are all invited to sit and chat anytime you get to Minnesota!

Kath

I miss listening to Scott laugh at some ridiculous joke or comedy as we watched tv.

Korina