Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Seeing Him For One Nano Of A Second

Today I went to one of our last Wheels of Time Car Club cruises. Duke always cooked in the Hot Rod Cafe. Upon walking up to the back of the trailer and looking inside, I saw the girls wrapping burgers and cooking french fries, but for one nano of a second the guy standing cooking at the grill was Duke. It took my breath away. 3 months gone and my first sign

These surprises, though sometimes startling, can bring about that inner smile that you can hold onto for days and days. You're still in a very tough spot, so enjoy these little bursts of excitement. I can still vividly recall the night when Julie appeared to me in a dream. It was so real, and gave me a very brief respite from the nightmare that occurred just over 18 months ago. I would encourage you to document in detail (sensory details like sights, sounds, and smells), these signs, dreams, and brief moments so that you can look back on them in a year or two and have excellent recall.

SD2

JRM

I too would encourage you to journal. I have had similar dreams that felt so very real to me and I awoke at 4am and wrote down everything. It keeps it real for me....privately. I hope you treasure these times, it is a true blessing. Thank you for sharing

Laurie

The cherubs and I have been rolling from bed to couch (on a good day) for the last two weeks. I woke up Monday thinking a truck had parked on my chest and put my heart in a vise. Luckily, it is just pleurisy and I didn't have the heart attack it felt like. After sleeping for 72 hours, not eating and off and on fever, I dreamt that my son and I were watching caribou cross our path out a very large corner window. Off in the distance, I saw another speck and saw what I thought was a wolf. As it got nearer, I could see it was a dogsled. I recognized the first person as my grandma, looking very young and healthy. There were more people, all seeming to be enjoying themselves, but I didn't pay attention to who they were. My focus went to the dog who was definitely Zeus (my old husky who I had to put down a month after Bob passed away) and it was Bob driving the sled. He looked so healthy and strong that it took my breath away. He moved so freely and looked the best I'd seen in many many years. I woke up instantly and reflected on how it would be just like Bob to gather up all the grandmas for an excellent adventure. Then I thought, if there's snow in heaven, I don't want to go. (I've been freezing, then sweating for three days after all.)

I haven't "seen" Bob in a dream since October '07. Maybe October is my month :)

Kath, Isn't it wonderful to see them in our dreams healthy and strong. I remember a dream a few months after Larry had died where he came down the stairs and I turned around and saw his face. His skin was beautiful (he'd hate that term) and he was almost glowing with health. I chose to think this was a chance for me to see him healed and well. It took my breath away.

I'm so sorry you've been so sick. I had pleurisy and its not picnic. You can't take a deep breath without intense pain. I hope you are feeling better now. Deborah

I chose to think this was a chance for me to see him healed and well. It took my breath away.

Deborah

That is what was so spectacular...To see him before diabetes or hepatitis took control of him, was a huge blessing! Definitely a little glimpse of heaven...