Grief Healing Discussion Groups

No Need For Faith

Has anyone thought about the fact that because our loved ones are in heaven that they have no more need for faith? Down here, we walk by faith and not by sight 2 Cor. 5:7. but in heaven we get to behold Him face to face. Just thought that was an awesome thought to ponder on this Thanksgiving Day. Try to think about all the things we have to be thankful for today. I'm thankful for all the people I've met on this site that I really feel a connection to.

Best to all,

Ted

Ted,

Brian used to tell me that once we are with God we will learn all of the answers. Now he knows. I'll have to wait. What we get on earth is the "first fruits" or a glimpse of what life will be like. We have faith and hope because of God's promises. I'm no longer afraid to die because I know that I will be with God and I am absolutely certain that Brian will be there to greet me with a great big hug and it will be a blessed reunion.

Hope all is well, my friend, and that you are able to find some peace on this Thanksgiving day.

Peace, love, and blessings,

Linda

Tim, I'm sure dancing will be allowed and encouraged. Maybe Brian will be playing his guitar while you and Lucille dance. And, I'm guessing that you will be a great dancer in heaven. Hugs, my friend.

Linda

Scott wasn't a very religious person, but to me, love is God, or whatever name we put on Him (or Her...). And we Loved each other! Right now, Scott is hanging out with his Dad, Granny and dog Mokie, keeping a sharp eye on us. And he knows all the secrets of the universe, escpecially those scientific ones that he pondered. :wub:

Korina

Hi, Linda, Don't take this badly from me but I had to laugh a bit when you," Said once we are with God we will learn all of the answers.", My Rick always would say to me that he knew everything, now God will have his run for the money with Rick around. Rick was a Landscape Man and he had the greenest grass around town and I just bet that he is up there telling them the tricks of his trade. I was afraid to die when in January this year the doctors said i had a heart attack but fortunetly it wasnt. A viral infection around the heart. I called everyone to tell them that I loved them. Rick said to me at the time that I must of really been afraid. Truth was i was terrified. In March when he left me unexpectedly I was devastated, no chance to say goodbye or I love you but I now am no longer afraid because i hope he will be waiting for me with open arms. I miss him so. Thinking of you all. Mr.B

Hi Mrs. B, no offense taken. I'm actually glad to hear that I was able to make you laugh and think of a good memory of your Rick. When Brian said we would learn the answers, he meant about everything . . . not just about what happened to us. I know that he's in heaven still questioning God about many things. And, he's having a blast meeting new people and reconnecting with people he hasn't seen for a long time, like his father who passed away about 20 years ago. I also used to be afraid of death but it was because of what I would be leaving behind. This is one fear I no longer hold. I'm not in a hurry but it will be okay when my time comes. Thanks for sharing your story. Hugs.

Linda

I have never given that a thought and you are so right. Our loved ones are with God. Their faith has now turned to praise . I am not afraid to die, instead I fear others I love leaving me. I now have a glimmer of understanding why my husband for so long, wanted to stay, but yet needed to go. He loved us so much and did not want to leave us, he did not want us to feel this incredible loss. He was afraid he would miss us. A pastor told me his belief was that our loved ones will only blink and we will be with them. Time in heaven is different than time here on earth. Comforting to believe that. But in my mind, I picture God reaching down and Dean finally taking his hand and going home. So his faith here on earth, took him home.... Just my thoughts.... Blessings, Debbie

Has anyone thought about the fact that because our loved ones are in heaven that they have no more need for faith? Down here, we walk by faith and not by sight 2 Cor. 5:7. but in heaven we get to behold Him face to face. Just thought that was an awesome thought to ponder on this Thanksgiving Day. Try to think about all the things we have to be thankful for today. I'm thankful for all the people I've met on this site that I really feel a connection to.

Best to all,

Ted

I think you are right.

Hi Debbie,

I talked with my Pastoral Counselor about the time issue and she also offered that God's time is different. Part of my sadness has been for Brian -- that he's separated from us and is sad or suffering. But this isn't the case. He's with God and Jesus and he knows that we will all be there with him eventually. And, if human time is meaningless in heaven then I don't have to worry about him being sad during the waiting period. We are the ones who suffer from this great loss, not our beloveds. I look forward to the day I am reunited with him and, of course, with God.

Linda

Hi Linda My Friend,

You are so right...they are blessed to be where they are at...and we are the suffering spouses that have to look, hear, feel and taste the memories that make us want them....They, like Ted mentioned face to face with the Father...we are face to face with our grief....It is a little easier for me being in Ca., now I have a car to sell and my mother to look after...the memories are in AZ..and I'm glad to leave them there for now...You sound better and better each day...I'm proud of you and love your encouraging words....Bless you today...Rochel

Rochel, Face to face with our grief huh?...don't like that but it's the truth. I'm glad it is a little easier for you Rochel being in Ca. now and leaving the memories here. I have been thinking about doing the road trip thing to Oklahoma in the "Z". Two things bother me about it. (1) Adrianne and I never did the road trip in the Z that we always wanted to do, so there's the guilt factor, (2) Don't know how I could leave my boys Neo and Sam without someone giving them the utmost care although my son has volunteered to even stay here at the house. I don't know, all my good friends, I just don't feel like doing much of anything lately and starting to become somewhat of a sloppy housekeeper. This is probably just another one of those bumps in the road of grief, but I am sure getting sick and tired of it. In fact, lately I am starting to feel like a whiner, full of self pity and feeling sorry for myself....a characteristic I've never liked in other people. I'm thinking about laying off of this site for a while just to keep from talking about it.

Ted

Hi Ted,

We all like your posts...so you can't leave this site...Pray before you decide to go to Oklahoma...might fall into old stuff you don't need at this time of grieving...give yourself some time before important decisions..I don't think you whine anymore than the rest of us..we are all in the same boat grieving until we get healthy...Feeling sorry for yourself is not exactly correct..Grieve has many faces and facets to it until it goes away, however not that soon unfortunately...Stay close to the Lord my friend...You need His guidance...It is very easy not to be a good housekeeper...everything is disheveled in our minds, to therefore in our houses....Talk soon...have to get this car in shape to sell....Bless you Rochel..

Hi Rochel,

Good to hear from you, my friend. I'm still taking life day by day. I have my times of grief along with glimpses of clarity. I think going to school helps because I'm out of the house but I know I'm in a safe, loving environment. Also, I never was one for staying home alone so I'm spending time with friends who I know I can trust to be gentle on my soul. I don't like this grief journey but there doesn't seem to be another option. I will miss Brian forever but I also know that he's waiting for me with God. And, I want him to be proud of me when we are reunited.

The one piece of knowledge I want to pass on to everyone I meet is to live life to the fullest because we never know what will happen the next minute, hour, or day. I want my friends and colleagues to understand that as long as we have love, friends, family, health, and faith, there's no need to be bothered by stuff that doesn't matter in the long run. I just overheard an argument between two colleagues which really bothered me. The basis was someone feeling slighted. They just don't get it. It just really doesn't matter. Somehow I need to make others understand and appreciate all they do have going for them in this fragile life of ours.

Linda

Best to all,

Ted

I am thankful for our baby daughter - she is the best thing we ever did. And Scott continues to live in this world, with me, through her.

Korina

Korina