Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Mom Passed...

bethe

I lost my mom 2 weeks ago today. I got the call from my sister at about 2:30 that afternoon that mom passed away last night in her sleep. It felt like something wrenched my heart out of my chest. My heart hurts everyday. I miss my mom so much; we were very close. I worried all my life about the day my mom would leave this earth. I used to hope I'd go before her to avoid this pain but I know that's selfish and parents just shouldn't have to burry their children. I wake up everyday and I hear my sister telling me that mom passed away. I had just spoke to her the night before and I planned to pick her up to stay a couple nights with me and the kids, as we usually did. I wanted to be dead too just so I could be with her again. I'm trying to keep strong for my two little ones and I know that my mom would want me to go on with my life, happily. She is my best friend, forever.

Bethe,

Oh I am sorry for your terrible lose! I know how you feel, I lost my dad a month ago and it is very heartbreaking. There not enough word that can descript the grief and sorrow one feels. I pray that God give us strength to go on if there is such thing. I will keep you in my prayer!

Hana

bethe: I can't believe that you and I are feeling exactly the same way. My mom has been gone for almost 2 years and I still miss her more than I can say. I wish sometimes I would die so I could be with her again, I miss her that much. I hear things that she said to me, in her voice, going through my mind. I always worried about the day when I would lose her and now I am having to deal with it. I can't do it, I miss her so much. I pray for her to come to me in a dream, but she never does. Then I wonder if possibly she is just sleeping, waiting for the second coming of Christ to be raised again. or is she is Heaven now and not able to see my pain? This will be my 2nd Christmas without her. It is not getting any easier for me, I pray it gets easier for you in time.

I am so sorry you are feeling this pain. I, too, lost my mother only weeks ago. My whole life I worried about losing a parent and when it actually happened it was as if it hadn't happened. I still feel as though she can't really be gone. Our grief is new and strange. I am too young to be without my mother. She was only 65. We can only turn to our friends, family and belief system to help us through this most difficult time.

I am planning on seeking counseling from a therapist when my wedding and honeymoon are over in two weeks. I think therapy, belief in God and support of those around us will help to ease the anxiety and fear we are feeling at this moment.

Please know that you are not alone in this terrible time.

Theresa

• 2 months later...

You are so not alone!! I am really bad! I miss my Mom more than I ever thought was possible. She was my whole world. I fight with my husband or more to the point I YELL at him about everything because I dont know where to aim my emotions! Where do you put your emotions? She passed on Jan. 23, 2010! I am LOST and I am looking for support from someone! Thank you!

My dad died 2 months ago today.He was my best friend.I talked to him daily,3 times the day he died.He was gone before I made it to the hospital.I'm thankful he went fast and didn't suffer,but I missed out on saying so many things I think he deserved to hear.49 is way to young to die,but Im coming to terms with the fact these things happen.Everyone says they are still with you.The thought helps a little,but I can't FEEL him.What I do feel is this tight pain in my chest,sometimes its hard to breathe.I miss him so much...His voice is fading in my mind,and his face is starting to fade in my mind.That hurts the most and almost makes me panic.Gone??I can't believe it.He was too beautiful to go so soon.I'm sorry to ramble,everyone else in my life is over talking about him,sometimes I cant help myself.The pain we all share is so powerful....

• 1 month later...

You are so not alone!! I am really bad! I miss my Mom more than I ever thought was possible. She was my whole world. I fight with my husband or more to the point I YELL at him about everything because I dont know where to aim my emotions! Where do you put your emotions? She passed on Jan. 23, 2010! I am LOST and I am looking for support from someone! Thank you!

I just

i just lost my mom on the 2nd of this month!!! My husband and I are doing the same thing!!! I have know idea how to deawl wiht the uncontrolable crying!! It stops as soon as it starts!! I need some support too!! I'm help if I can!! I just feel alone!!