Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Happy Birthday

Hi Korina,

I want to wish you a Happy Birthday. I hope you have a good Birthday and you are with friends and family and of course Kailyn. May all your happy memories of your husband bring a smile to your face today.

Take care.

Mary Lou

Yes, Korina, Have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thank you so much, everyone, and especially to Mary Lou, who always remembers everyone's dates!

I have actually been surprised and grateful for all the birthday wishes I have received via facebook and otherwise, and it has helped me get through this particular first (first time in 20 years....), not to mention the 9 month mark I just passed. One of Scott's friends sent me a photo from quite a few years ago of Scott, this friend and the friend's father. Set me off into tears, but it was such a wonderful picture of Scott - I really love it. In SusieQ's words from another post, "I ache to hold and talk to him."

But I have had a very nice week - my parents and brother were here for a visit, and just left this morning (my brother had to be back to work tomorrow). It was so nice to have everyone here, and Kailyn LOVED all the action. We were able to take in a Paralympic curling session which was a lot of fun (with lots of energy, as a bunch of raucous school kids were there!). It was really interesting, as I have never seen wheelchair curling. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are planning to fly out for Easter, as well. I am very lucky to have all this support, and Kailyn is surrounded by soooo much love. For that, I am truly grateful, as I am sure Scott is.

Thanks, again. And Scott, I love you and miss you. :wub:

Korina

Korina,

I'm sorry I missed your birthday. :( I didn't get on the site yesterday. I hope you had a great day. It is so nice you have such a caring group of friends and family. I know Kailyn brought you alot of joy on your special day and Scott is in your heart always.

Take care,

Kat

Happy Belated Birthday, Korina! Your family sounds really wonderful. I'm glad they are close to you two.

This is a random question, but did you finish your taxes? I e-filed mine Sunday morning and did a happy dance all afternoon. When I checked my computer at 11:50 that night, the IRS rejected it! The fix was time-consuming but easy. I was thinking of you through it all, hoping yours were going well.

Love,

Kath

:) Glad you got your taxes filed! I actually have till the end of April (that is the deadline here in Canada), and will be taking everything to our accountant shortly. I just have one receipt from the grief counsellor to wait for, and then I should have everything together. Thanks for asking!

Korina