Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Here we are in the NHL playoffs, and Scott is not here to see his Habs advance to the second round. He loved the Canadiens, as any good Montreal boy (or girl) does. And this is just one thing that hurts me so much in that he is not here to see it, whether it be hockey, something in politics, etc... we loved talking about such things (though he probably enjoyed talking hockey with buddies more than me... :blush: ).

Anyhow, the other night, Kailyn got into his hats and toques, so I put his Canadiens toque on her - I bet he loved that! Here is the photo (can't help it - love showing off pictures of her).

Korina

post-13161-127304089909_thumb.jpg

She is an absolute cutie! No wonder you love showing her off! He'd be so proud...

Korina,

Kailyn is absolutely adorable. Every picture that you post is cuter than the one before.

Sports, whether it be football/baseball was something that Pat and I both enjoyed looking at together. Last year when he was so sick the College World Series was going on. It is going to be so hard to watch this year but hopefully the LSU Tigers will be in it again. He was such a fan of the LSU Tigers and N.O. Saints.

Take care,

Kat

Korina,

She is so beautiful. I know Scott is so proud to be her daddy and to have you as her mommy. Treasure every day with her because they grow up so darn fast. God bless you both.

Chris

Korina,

You're doing exactly what Scott would have done...introduced Kailyn to hockey, toque and all! She is so cute. Where did she get those intense eyes???

Bob was a big hockey fan, too. We even took days off work to watch the high school hockey tournaments. (It's a big deal in Minnesota, too.) I sort of left all that behind me, except now my son is a huge fan of everything and I share the stories with him. It is of some comfort to share the parts of Bob that he would have enjoyed if he were here. I know Mike likes hearing about everything. I bet Kailyn will, too. Maybe she'll even play someday. I'll bet you'll see the clouds part with a big smile then!

Do you see much of Scott's friends? I've tried reaching out to a few of the couples we knew and they are polite, but not really looking to reconnect, I guess. I hope yours are more involved. It's hard to lose those relationships, too.

Thank you all for your replies - I have found sports/teams to be something people can always talk about, whether in agreement of friendly competition. I have no doubt Kailyn will be an active girl as she gets older (she hardly sits still even now!). Whatever she does, Scott will be very proud (he actually already had her gymnastics career planned out! :blush: )

As for Scott's friends, I do keep in touch. Three of his best buddies came to Kailyn's birthday party in February, and I just got a birth announcement from another of his friends earlier this week. And I am in constant with our surrogate family here in town (Scott met them first, and after a bit, they took us in as there own, as our families are both in other provinces). Scott had very good friends, and though I am not in regular contact with most of them (many are spread out across the continent), those that I know better I am confident would have time for me given the opportunity.

Korina