Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Faced Cancer/survived Surgery And Home Now.

I want to let everyone know that I am home and doing well, at least physically. I want to express my heartfelt appreciation to all of you here. I went through surgery well, and they got all the cancer, but developed pneumonia post-op and resulted in a lengthy stay in the hospital. I felt my love with me, and all of you. I also gave it all up to God to carry and that was very helpful for me. I actually had an image of God carrying my pain, so I could be free to just get well.

I am so grateful for this site and I just find that words are just so inadequate to express what a life line it has been for me. The first day home from the hospital was the worst. I felt anger unlike I had ever felt and found myself punching our bed, and screaming at Melissa for not being here now. I feel her all around me and yet she can not hold me. I ache with emotional pain, I mourn for her so.

Thank you all so very much.

Blessings,

Sunstreet

Dear Sunstreet,

I am so sorry you had to go through everything associated with your surgery without Melissa. I do hope you continue to regain your emotional strength as well as your physical strength. I am fairly new to this site, but I see many of the same names pop up with encouraging words. It is a good feeling to know we can reach out to each other without fear of being judged.

Take good care,

FaithFull

Dear FaithFull,

I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for your empathy. I will continue to improve both physically and emotionally, worry not. It is a wonderful place to speak without fear of judgement and the support and understanding abounds.

Blessings,

Sunstreet

I am so happy the surgery is over and they got all the cancer. I am also a cancer survivor and know the pain and fright. Glad you are home again and hope the grief doesn't cause to feel more pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this double rough time.

Although it has been very hard for you, it is so nice to hear from you, and that the surgery was successful. No doubt we can all relate to your pain in missing Melissa during all this. When we are in a vulnerable state, this is when we miss them the most. But by necessity, we get through those times, and hopefully learn and gather strength.

Korina

I think most of us can relate to your reaction...we haven't had cancer to face but other situations we've had to face without our spouse and it feels very hard to be alone in our dealing with them.

I'm glad you're able to be back with us and hope this site is an immeasurable source of comfort and encouragement to you.

I am so happy the surgery is over and they got all the cancer. I am also a cancer survivor and know the pain and fright. Glad you are home again and hope the grief doesn't cause to feel more pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this double rough time.

Dear Marion Claire,

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry Marion Claire for all of your losses and know that I hold you in my thoughts and prayers as well. I am sorry you too had to face cancer, and go through the fight and I am happy that you too beat cancer.

Blessings,

Sunstreet

Although it has been very hard for you, it is so nice to hear from you, and that the surgery was successful. No doubt we can all relate to your pain in missing Melissa during all this. When we are in a vulnerable state, this is when we miss them the most. But by necessity, we get through those times, and hopefully learn and gather strength.

Korina

Dear Korina,

Thank you and it is so nice to hear from all of you. I agree it is when we are in a vulnerable state is when we miss them the most. I feel comforted as I feel Melissa all around.

Blessings to you,

Sunstreet

I think most of us can relate to your reaction...we haven't had cancer to face but other situations we've had to face without our spouse and it feels very hard to be alone in our dealing with them.

I'm glad you're able to be back with us and hope this site is an immeasurable source of comfort and encouragement to you.

Dear kayc,

Sadly, I know that all of you can relate to my reaction. We have all had to face difficulties without our spouses and learn to face them without them here. The difficulties are different, but the feelings that come up are similar and in sharing hopefully we all feel less alone and understood.

I can assure this site and everyone here has been an immeasurable source of comfort and encouragement to me through the years. I hope this is your experience as well. There was a time, when I sent in a request to delete my account, due to the absolute belief that nothing was going to take my pain away. Marty in her wisdom sent me an email and encouraged me to just take a break and not to delete my account. I was then, and now, and will be eternally grateful for that email. I have since learned that the only way to transform the pain is to accept it and let it ebb and flow as the tide.

Blessings,

Sunstreet