Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Market is really bad here now and houses are not selling so I was lucky i sold my this week. I am so happy to be away from a house and hugh yeard I can't take care of and have to ask others to mow, remove snow and fix anything that goes wrong. My back and legs have the stairs off limits---Ray always did the laundry so I didn't have to go down there. Well now it's all up to me. He did so many things and he always said I couldn't take care of mysefl if he wasn't here. I can but it's hard in this house and hugh yeard. Happy and sad at the same time. Lived here for 25 years and all my grandkids are sad cause this was homt to them. Our kids grew up in another town and house so they have memories there too. All the grandkids this was grandpa and grandma's house. They feel same as me--happy for my and sad at the same town. Apartment is never in my farthest dreams so we did need to move where things were done for you cause we were just not able to keep thing up here.Laun, snow and any house problems. Would have moved if he were here too. I have so many memories afterhere after all those years it's a bittersweet few day. I go out and walk around my big yeard and not it's gone soon. Same with the house. I feel in a way I am deserting him but I just can't do it here alone. and don't have money to hired every little problem done. I know it will be good for me, but so sad too.

Oh Marion, I know this is bittersweet for you, but how lucky you were able to sell your house with the market the way it is now. I do understand about having to take care of big yard, and repairs to the house alone. My son in law has been mowing and trimming for me all summer, but has hurt his leg at work, and is going to have surgery, so I am hiring it done for the last mowing and trimming this year, and will probably have to pay to have it maintained next year. I am lucky in that I am financially able to do it, I just wish I could save the money and do it myself, but I have had two total knee replacements, and our yard is either up hill or down hill, not much level ground, and it is just too hard on the knees. You will be so much happier in a place you don't have to worry about the yard. Moving will be hard for you, but you are wise to know what you can do and what you cannot do. Thinking of you.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Marion,

I pray you can find some comfort, I have also thought about some day I will have to sell as we maintained 2.5 acres together, I already have trouble keeping up with everything two people used to do....I'm sad for you but as you know you must come first and us taking care of ourselves is what all of our spouses would want, I say that so much but I'm sure it's true because if I were gone I would want Ruth to take care of herself and do whatever she needed to manage without me....I'm sure it will take some getting used to but sounds like you have given it great thought...I will keep you in my prayers take care....

NATS

Marion,

I know it is bittersweet, yet I'm glad it sold because ultimately it will be a relief to you to not have to be responsible for the house and yard. I pray you will find a place you like and can feel at home in. Life has it's phases...I know I won't be in my house forever and it will be hard when I leave. I hope things go well for you.

Marion:

You certainly aren't deserting your husband because he will always be with you. Of course it is bittersweet, but being practical is a part of life. Take care,

Korina