Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Lighting A Candle On Line

To all our members who wish to light a candle online on the Gratefulness Web site:

If you wish to have your candle burning with others in our Grief Healing Group, enter the site by clicking on this link: Light a Candle Online.

If you enter the site through another avenue, please be aware that our group is identified by the initials GfHlg.

You can find our group by using the site's Search feature (Enter Group Initial GfHlg). Alternatively, when asked if you want to associate your candle with a candle group, make sure that the group initials GfHlg appear in the designated box.

For those or you that are not aware of this wonderful resource, thanks to Marty...smile.gif I find it very helpful, especially if I wake in the night and I don't neccessarily want to light a real candle for fear of falling back to sleep, but I want to see a candle, light a candle, and a brief quiet moment of reflecting, remembering, honouring, and loving.

Courage and Blessings, Carol Ann

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Thank you, Marty, for having a candle to light here. I just did this powerful exercise a few minutes ago.

My mother's obituary is posted on legacy.com with the guestbook. This came about by the newspaper that published her obituary. I added another candle and message to that site over Thanksgiving about the gratefulness I feel towards my mother for how she was always of support to me and always reminded me that "I Can Do It." Precious.

Carol Ann,

Thanks for telling the newcomers about the candles. I wasn't here when Marty posted the site in 2009, so it was wonderful to find something like that.

I went straight to the link and lit a candle for Lars and a few other dear friends we've lost.

Lainey

I must dance to the beat of a different drummer. I lit a candle last night for Don, and it brought up very sad memories and I cried throughout. It didn't bring me comfort but instead, I'm still crying as I looked at the candle this morning and the flame is going down. I think when the flame is gone, it will bring about another bout of tears because I will feel that Don's life has been extinguished all over again. I wish I could have found the peace and calmness that others did.

I must dance to the beat of a different drummer. I lit a candle last night for Don, and it brought up very sad memories and I cried throughout. It didn't bring me comfort but instead, I'm still crying as I looked at the candle this morning and the flame is going down. I think when the flame is gone, it will bring about another bout of tears because I will feel that Don's life has been extinguished all over again. I wish I could have found the peace and calmness that others did.

I am sorry that it brought up so much saddness for you. I wish it had brought you comfort. Your drum is beating as it should, are pain is similar but our path in this journey will be different. I encourage you to look for other ways that feel right for you and promote comfort.

Courage and Blessings, Carol Ann

Carol Ann,

Thanks for telling the newcomers about the candles. I wasn't here when Marty posted the site in 2009, so it was wonderful to find something like that.

I went straight to the link and lit a candle for Lars and a few other dear friends we've lost.

Lainey

Thank you, Lainey smile.gif