Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Interesting Show...

2sweetgirls

I just started watching this show one night after surfing all the channels and it caught my attention. It's called "I survived - death and back".

Basically, it is first hand accounts of people who have experienced death after a traumatic experience and then came back. When I first started watching it, I cried like a baby. Then, I realized that what everyone was saying was - though all different experiences - it was beautiful, peaceful and they "wanted" to be there. I want to believe that when our loved ones cross over to the other side that it is like these people explained. Some recall a bright light, loved ones waiting, etc, but, all say they are overcome with a wonderful feeling of love and being loved. It has given me a bit of peace thinking that mom and dad are in a beautiful place like these people explain until we can be reunited again.

Just thought I'd share.

2sweetgirls

Thank you for sharing. I too want to believe that is true. I've searched the internet about what happens after death and came across something that I like to think is true. The article said heaven is everything to everyone, if you want to spend time fishing, there is a beautiful lake full of fish, or if you like mountains, there are beautiful mountains to climb. It's a pleasant thought, and even if it isn't true, it's enough to bring me peace.

thanks for sharing 2sweetgirls, I often wish I could have an experience of this myself so then I'd know FOR SURE. In the meantime I HOPE so so much and look forward to when I can hang out with Dad again.

I like that thought too Nancy, sometimes when I will wonder if my Dad misses something like his fav food, a friend once said how do you know he can't have it and I like that thought maybe it's all just another happy dimesion where they can still do the things they loved.

(((hugs))) to you hun

Niamh

My Honey had this happen to him. We had taken him to the hospital and were up all night waiting for a room, when he got into one, he was doing ok so I went home to get a few hours sleep and a shower. By the time I got back to the room he had a tube down his throat and he was nonresponsive. I was confused to say the least. Finally a nurse came in and told me he had sliped into an amonia coma, and the tube was so they could give him the medicine lactulose. She also told me his amonia levels were through the roof, the highest shes ever seen and she was amazed that he was still alive. I had only been there for 10 min or so when he opened his eyes and saw me, he smiled and ask for a snuggie, I gave him a great big one ! He did not tell me much about it, it was a very personal experience for him. Between what he did share with me and some of my own non death experiences, I whole heartedly believe in the hereafter !!!

Rachel

2sweetgirls,

I had to respond to you. I signed up only yesterday trying to deal with loss of my partner. I was in a motorcycle accident when I was 20 now Im 54. I went to the other side when I was in ICU @ the time no one was talking about bright lights and such so I didnt say much of what I experienced to anyone as when I did I was informed the medical reason of why I saw what I did. As I said i was in ICU then Im told I took a turn for the worse. I had 44 fractures & countless other injuries to. I remember lying in the bed lots of activity around me nurses, doctors etc.. working on me then all of a sudden I was watching myself from a far away place which now I know was from what I will say the wall directly in front of my bed. I looked @ this place I was in to find a gorgeous pond with trees a blue sky the sun shining and took a deep breathe to smell the freshest air ever!! I didnt see any relatives, no angels or any other spiritual beings. I only felt a presence in my soul. The presence talked to me and said I couldnt stay in this place that I had to return. Of course I argued with the voice that I did not know & said that I wanted to stay it was beautiful I didnt have any pain and that person down there in the bed (me) was in a mess. I was told that I had to finish many things complete many important tasks before I was allowed to stay. The other side I was in was the most incredible awesome beautiful place I have ever been!! There aren't any words to really describe it!!!! Please know that your loved one is happy there it is truly a gorgeous place we all will go to someday! pam

Yes, after my dad died I became pretty obsessed with reading documented accounts of near death experiences.

It was amazing to me because so many of these accounts occurred long before there was internet, so their striking similarities really struck a cord with me. It seemed that even though everyone's account was different, there were always shocking similiarites.

One of these is the all-encompassing, non-judging, and unconditional love felt. Another is the fact that when they left their bodies, they no longer felt any more attachment to it. Although they dearly care for their loved ones, they didn't want to go back. They were also greeted by their loved ones. In each account, the description of God was the same, and it was unlike any God I have ever learned about from religion.

Reading these accounts helped me greatly, and I would definitely recommend that all of you do the same!

Thank you for writing, Pam. Welcome to the site. I am so sorry for your loss.

I have to tell you that as I read about your experience 34 years ago, I cried and had to walk away from the computer because I so want to believe that mom and dad are in that beautiful place just waiting for me when it's my time. More and more, I DO believe it. Thank you for sharing.

Bleu-berry, your post is just exactly what I have been hearing from the people that are on this show. They can't all be wrong, right? I want to believe they are right. It makes me feel just a smidge better.

Peace to all.

2sweetgirls

I can tell you your parents are there and very happy!! There is so much more I cannot express in words of what I felt. I could write an entire chapter as I was also dead @ the scene and had 2 other episodes of leaving our earth while I was in the hospital. Please be happy to know they are waiting for us there.I hope this can bring you some comfort. Pam

When my father was in the hospital during his last days....he had told my mom he had seen shapes of people in his room...he couldnt tell who they were but they certainly had been there awaiting the moment. My father at times would focus on a specific area of the room..as if he were looking into something. We couldnt see anything, but he did. He deep down knew the moment was coming. He passed on in such peace and with a smile. I am certain our lives don't stop here on earth. There is a reason why each one of us is a certain way and gets to stay for a period of time. This is not our home, just a stop on the way home.

I miss my dad so much but I am comforted in knowing he is pain free and in a different dimension now. It is just that it takes a bit to adjust to the new reality...our parents are simply gone from earth and at times we can feel a bit unprotected or insecure.

There is a plan and a purpose for each one of us and we will leave this place when our time comes.

pjm thanks for sharing.

-L

I am happy to see this topic being discussed. On another thread, I talked about my experience shortly after my mother passed on. I was sitting at my friend's computer, and I felt this wave of such consuming unconditional love. It lasted for several minutes. I am sure it was my mother's way of saying she is fine, she is happy, and I (meaning me) am right. There is such joy when you pass on from your worldly existence. My mother would say that when you die, that's it.

I had experienced this feeling of non-describable love before when I worked in a hospital and I was around patients who were in the process of leaving this planet. It was an experience that changed me forever because the experience showed me that, at least on one level, there is nothing but absolute love as a reality. People I know who had left and come back tell me similar things too. I was so happy to know, because of this experience of her presence after she died, that my mother had experienced that after she passed and was sending that energy back to me.

I think it helps so much to know our loved ones are in a good place, and they will be there when it is our time. Maybe it does not help up not miss our loved ones, but it helps us deal with all of this a lot better.