Grief Healing Discussion Groups

This Message Touched Me

What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.

-Agnes M. Pharo

There is always hope, sometimes it seems there is none but it is there it is just not seen because we are busy grieving. It is hard to see hope when just getting out of bed is a monumental task. Hope is blurred by our pain, by our questionings of why? By our agaony of not wanting to believe but needing to believe so as to heal. It is OK and normal to feel hopeless but I want you to know that I have risen from feeling hopeless to feeling hopeful. I once believed that I could never survive without Melissa by my side. Melissa now resides within me and forever will till it is my time to die and we meet again. I have survived and on my way to thriving. I hold faith that you all will get here too.

Courage and Blessings, Carol Ann

Carol Ann,

It is wonderful to hear you so positive. You are showing us all that regardless of how long it takes, at some point we all will get there.

Thank you for sharing all that you have with us. Your battle sounds like it has been very hard,but slowly you are starting to heal. That gives me hope that we all will eventually heal also.

Lainey

Wow Carol Ann - I was surprised to read your post.

I ordered some Christmas cards through the American Cancer Society - you make a donation and they will print up the cards for you with whatever you want on them. I struggled with what to write in them......clearly we wouldn't be "celebrating" this Christmas.....but Christmas still means something for us.

I searched the internet for a few days - this is the exact quote I had put in MY Christmas card!

I agree - this message touched me as well!

Hugs,

Tammy

That is such a special message! There's a few years I've skipped sending out cards...the year George died, (What do you say? "Merry Christmas, my husband died, but I wish you and your family well"?) and the year John abandoned me. This year, even though my fiance broke up with me and it hasn't been a great year, I mustered the fortitude to make and send out cards...but I did so with a little humor that I hope didn't offend anyone, I simply put "Santa, I want it all! Merry Christmas" :D

What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.

-Agnes M. Pharo

There is always hope, sometimes it seems there is none but it is there it is just not seen because we are busy grieving. It is hard to see hope when just getting out of bed is a monumental task. Hope is blurred by our pain, by our questionings of why? By our agaony of not wanting to believe but needing to believe so as to heal. It is OK and normal to feel hopeless but I want you to know that I have risen from feeling hopeless to feeling hopeful. I once believed that I could never survive without Melissa by my side. Melissa now resides within me and forever will till it is my time to die and we meet again. I have survived and on my way to thriving. I hold faith that you all will get here too.

That was so inspirational...I hope I get there one day..I am only starting my journey also. It will be 3 months tomorrow.

Thanks so much for the hope..

Allana

Wow Carol Ann - I was surprised to read your post.

I ordered some Christmas cards through the American Cancer Society - you make a donation and they will print up the cards for you with whatever you want on them. I struggled with what to write in them......clearly we wouldn't be "celebrating" this Christmas.....but Christmas still means something for us.

I searched the internet for a few days - this is the exact quote I had put in MY Christmas card!

I agree - this message touched me as well!

Hugs,

Tammy

Wow, Tammy is that what they call karma? It is a great message of hope......Carol Ann

I am glad that some of you found this message helpful and I am glad that where I am in my journey gives you all hope. I know that for some your loss is so new, so raw, and it feels like where I am in this journey is impossible. All I can tell you is that I was once feeling that way too and now I am not, and inbetween there and here was time, and a lot of work, and it will be different for all of us.

I am thinking of my fridge magent now, that I have shared before, but I want to share it again. I just think it is so profound and true. I reads:

I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THAT AT LAST I WOULD TAKE THIS ROAD BUT I DID NOT KNOW YESTERDAY THAT IT WOULD BE TODAY.

~ K. REXROTH ~

It is OK where-ever you are in this journey because that is where you need to be for now. I know for me the more I let go of judgements of myself, the easier it was to ride the waves of pain as they came.