Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Husband's Birthday Today - Need Support

Hi Melina,

Jeff's birthday was in October and I had no idea how that day was going to be for me. Jeff never thought that his birthday was a big deal - but I always told him that the day he was born was a BIG deal for me....so we always celebrated. I didn't want this year to change. The day he was born will always be a big deal for me. He changed my life in so many ways and I will always honor him.

I decided to release some balloons on that day. I wrote some special messages for him on them and then released them in the back yard. I stood out there for the longest time watching them float away - imagining them flying on up to heaven where he would see them. Of course the tears came, but the day wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I hope that for you today, you will be able to remember all your wonderful memories. Find a a way to honor him in your own special way.....and try to think of a reason to smile, because I am sure he is smiling down on you.

Hugs,

Tammy

Hi Melina,

Christmas and holidays in a couple weeks, our wedding anniversary on the 30th, her birthday on the 6th of January. There's a lot of special days to take in all for the first time without her no doubt. I'm trying to think of some new ways to celebrate these landmarks now. They are still special times that need to be acknowledged. My wife passed away on my birthday so I'm sure that it will be a very special day for me this year. I'm thinking some time with our boys, a good meal, some story telling about their mom just like when she was here sounds pretty good to me. Why not some dinner and cake? Buy yourself something nice and celebrate your time together. I know now that it's going to be o.k. no matter what, some days are better than others but we will recover from this. Take care of yourself and try to enjoy the day...BW

Hi Melina, it's certainly going to be a thoughtful day for you today. I'm not sure how I will get through my special days either, but together we can do it. I'm at a loss on how to cheer you up right now, but just know that I'll be sending you warm wishes all day today and hope that somehow they find their way to you. Think of that if you get overwhelmed and know that you've got a friend helping you. Hugs Nancy

Hi Melina,

Happy birthday to Thyge and good day to you as well. Clint had just celebrated his 53rd birthday a month before his death. We celebrated at a restaurant and ordered his favorite, ribs, but he didn't eat. It's hard to think now that he had to have had the cancer then and we just didn't know it. I had no way of knowing it would be his last birthday on this earth.

I know how you feel and wanted you to know.

Take care.

Melina,

I am sending an abundance of care and support your way. Happy Birthday to Thyge! I am sorry Melina, Thyge is not here in body anymore. I imagine Thyge, is celebrating his Birth today, and he is smiling down on you showering you with his love. I always have cake and a special dinner on Melissa's Birthday. I always buy her a Birthday card and write out my thoughts to her. I always buy Melissa flowers on her Birthday.

Thinking of you and your boys and hope the joy of the love you shared with Thyge brings some comfort to you all today.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Oh Melina, (((Hugs!))) Maybe you can have a piece of cake for him and just tell him what's on your heart. Oh that we could bridge this gulf!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I had several days of feeling fairly normal - almost good, then yesterday came and went, and my whole mood plunged into despair. I have to start climbing all over again. I just spent the last five minutes sobbing in the shower. I'm just so tired.

Melina