Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Because Melissa Loved Me

Hello to all,

The dental appointment was a success and the root canal was able to be completed. One challenge done! One more to go, the parole hearing in the morning. I don't know about any of you, but because Melissa loved me, I feel so blessed. I feel as if I am up on a valiant horse, my sword drawn, my head held high, and I will give my impact statement tomorrow as if I am telling the whole world, this is what you did to my Melissa because I am lesbian. This is what you have done to me! I was always lesbian, I am lesbian, and I will be lesbian for eternity. My blood bleeds red just like any other human on this planet, I am no different. Family or not, you need to be held accountable for your choices for as long as the law allows.

I feel so accepted, supported and loved by everyone here. I just pray that I have given something to all of you as well. I will carry you all with me tomorrow and I know that my Melissa will be right there with me and oh so proud and I of her. I wish you could all have known her, she was such a woman! I know that my Melissa is at an even deeper peace now because I am at a deeper peace.

I pray that each and every one of you reach this place on your own path.

Blessings and Courge, Carol Ann

Carol Ann, you will be in my thoughts and prayers today. Glad the dental work went well. I feel blessed with the memories of Michael, and feel blessed for all the support here on this site. Praying for peace for us all.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Carol Ann,

I am so glad the root canal went well, I wish I could have had it done for you, I am probably the only one on the planet that LIKES them! I hope no one tries to analyze that...

My prayers are for you this morning as you go to the parole hearing. I hope and pray that justice will be served in as much as our law allows for.

I know so very well what you mean when you talk about how you feel because of Melissa's love, for it is exactly how I feel because of George's love. This is the one message I really want to come across to the newbies, that eventually the pain is not the focal point, but rather you learn to carry their love within you and are strong because of that. It does take time to learn how to transition to that point though and we have to allow ourselves that time.