Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Well I have made it back to my parents home in Reno and I am glad to be here. I feel as though I made the right choice to come back but just dont feel as though Im "home". "Home" is with my Honey...I knew that back in Dec. 2006, 30 min into my flight back to Reno, and that May 19th he came to Reno and drove back to NC with me (he was my B-day gift and it was the best gift I have ever recieved). One day we will be "home" together again !

Rachel

Rachel,

I'm glad you are with your parents and I pray all goes well for you. You are right though, we won't feel the same until we are with them again. I have never ever forgotten how it felt to be held by George, it was the most wonderful feeling in the world, and I can't wait to experience it again.

Thank You Kay !

I have secured an apartment of my own and as soon as my stuff arives I will be moving in. My job tranfer will be compleat on the 9th. And I have finaly secured a car transport, though we will have to go to Sacramento to pick it up, its only a 2.5 to 3 hr drive. All in all things are coming together.

Rachel

Rachel,

Glad to hear things are going OK for you...I'm getting settled after my move also things are better as far as it feeling like home, I'm getting

all our furnishings and decor upacked and placed and that is helping...last week on Friday I hung one of Ruth's favorite pieces some art with gargoyles on the wall, I had already vacumed the carpet and putting on the finishing touches when after leaving the room to put some boxes away I returned and I found a penny directly under her gargoyles I had just hung, I know for a fact the penny was not there before as I had just vacumed the entire room in fact the carpet still looked vacumed but there was my pennie from heaven, needless to say I just sat down and cried my eyes out this was the first sign I've had she's here and I so happy...I pray and wish the best for you in getting settled, I wanted to share this with you as I was feeling you were not looking forward to moving...but with what has happened here in my new home I hope this gives you some comfort....

Take Care

NATS

Thank You Nats ! Your story has helped me. I have been in my new apartment most of the day trying to get cable and internet hooked up and have just now accomplished that. Im laying on the floor typing this cuz my stuff still is not here but I do feel that my Honey has made it to visit me. Thanks again for the response.

Rachel

Well I have my new apartment all set up and I have been here 2 nights now. It feels cozy. I now live close enough to my middle son so that he can walk here to visit with me, this is good.

On the down side, my job transfer fell out. I am now praying for them to fix it, but am also seeking out other options. I really wanted to stay with the company I have been with, I have 90some hrs of sick time I will loose if they cant get me into something. Im not even sure if I would be able to claim unemployment in the event I am unable to get a job. I am begining to really worry that I may be loosing my job on top of everything else.

Im also begining to realize that the numbness and shock of loosing my Honey are just now wearing off. To think I had thought I was doing so well...

Rachel

Dear Rachael

I am sorry that you have to face the job isue on top of everything else.

Your posts tell me you will make it through. I have come to realise that after what we've lost already and what we deal with every day just to survive - nothing is now 'impossible' to overcome. Hang in there till better times...Susie Q.

• 2 weeks later...