Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Tod Would Have Been Our 43Rd Wedding Anniversary

Kinda blue today. Dick and I would have been married 43 years today. I miss him.

Have been doing quite a bit of thinking about all the "What If's".

I wonder if he would have ever improved enough to be totally self sufficient again.

I wonder if we would ever had been able to go home.

I wonder what we would have had to do if we did get to go home and he had to have constant help.

I wonder if he would have ever had an appetite again and would actually eat enough food that he would not have to have the feeding tube.

I know he would have absolutely hated life if the answer to any of those questions was NO! He was such a proud, independent man.

I love him beyond reason and miss him terribly.

Today, I will not be focusing on those thoughts, I will be focusing on the wonderful 39 years we shared together. I plan to focus on how much he showed me he loved me and that I was important to him every day of our married life. I was so blessed to have him!

Anne

Dear Anne,

Thank you for sharing this special day with us. Anniversary's can be so hard. I will be holding you in gentle thought and prayer. I don't know what the weather is like where you are at but today where I am, the sun is out, the sky is blue, and the wind a gentle breeze. I so relate to the what if's and I hope in time it will be the same for you as it has been for me and the what if's are not so present in your mind any more and you are only left with the warmth and comfort of knowing Dick is part of your heart that only he will ever reside.

I wish you comfort and peace as you go about your day.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Carol Ann,

Thank you for the kind wishes. This morning, I had coffee on the patio in the back yard with my dogs. We enjoyed the beautiful weather here in the high desert of Colorado watching the birds. Dick and I were great birdwatchers. He would have totally enjoyed watching them bicker over the feeders. It was a calm lovely morning.

Thanks for thinking of me!

Anne

Anne, Happy Anniversary...may you know he is toasting you even in heaven...nothing is forgotten and certainly not your love. That is a long time to spend together...a lifetime, really. I hope your day has some nice gestures in it. Please know you are in all of our thoughts.

Kay

Anne,

Happy Anniversary, what a wonderful positive attitude and an approach that will indeed put grief at bay...It's so good to see the positive aspect you have put on such a special day...I am sure Dick is full of smiles and very proud as he watches over you....

NATS

Hi Anne,

Thinking of you as you wind up this anniversary. Just logged on today and saw your post. I understand how hard anniversaries are...I mean they are designed to be celebrated for two people. I just know he was there with you today and I admire your choice to focus on the joy you had for all those years. Our Silver (25th) is approaching in 2 weeks and I ponder how to spend it. You inspired me. We lived in Ouray, CO for a few years....not really high desert but we did have a lot of cactus there. I wish you peace. mfh