Grief Healing Discussion Groups

OK Folks:

I am off to celebrate my son's wedding on Saturday in western Kansas. Festivities start tonight. I am hoping and praying I can get through this with joy and celebration. I know my spouse would want that for our son as I do. I do have an exit plan if the sorrow and tearfulness creeps in.... oh yeah, it doesn't creep, it comes on full throttle without notice. I am hoping I will be fine, as last weekend was very hard for some reason, so my thought is I have it out of my system for awhile and I will be totally engaged in wedding celebration. I am having a dear high school girlfriend sit with me in the parents row during the ceremony and throughout the weekend so I won't be there by myself. You all have a good weekend and I will report back on Monday hopefully with a report that it all went fine and I had the time of my life.

Blessings

Becky

Becky,

If I could get through a son's wedding - you can too. I'm sure you'll have thoughts of your husband throughout, but it will also be a joyful occasion - and probably a healing experience for your family. That's how it was for me. Our thoughts go with you, and congratulations!

Melina

Dear Becky,

You will do just fine. Randy will have his arms around you all weekend. I believe that so much. Their body is gone but not their spirit. That always remains.

I will pray for you and my thoughts are with you this weekend. Have FUN, ENJOY the this moment in time. You are strong and will be all weekend long. Please have a safe trip there and back.

God Bless, may he give you peace and joy this time in you life.

Your Friend ((HUGS))

Dwayne

Dear Becky,

I will hold you in my thoughts all weekend. This is tough stuff. I know you so want your husband to be there with you, sharing the time. Smart move to have a girlfriend with you who can help. Also smart to have an exit plan. Once you are there, distracted by the people and the celebration my guess is you will make it through. There are so many events that we want to share with our spouses even silly things like our dog's graduation from obedience school...but a wedding is huge. He will be there with you the whole time. He would not miss this wedding either...he arms will be around you supporting you. I will pray for you this weekend...as always.

Peace

Mary

Becky,

I hope you have a really good weekend and all goes well.

Kay