Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Want My Mommmy!

Hi All, I just lost my therapist and it is all my fault... I have just had an major blowout with my brother in law .... He yelled at me and he screamed so much... I need my mom so very badily right now I feel so alone... I just want her to say things are going to be okay.... I know what people are thinking... I need to grow up or just leave the house but where can I go I have no money and I am afraid.... Shelley

Dear Shelley,

We all have to believe we can make it on our own. I know you are going through so much adversity but there is always God. He knows everything. He will make a way out. I think the world is straining under a lot of economic and political pressures.

Take care,

Kavish

Shelley, when you say you lost your therapist and "it's all my fault," I'm not sure what that means ~ but I hope you will make every effort to get back in touch with her as soon as possible, no matter what happened between the two of you . . .

Hi Marty, Sorry Marty she will not return any messages or emails, I have cancelled several times including this past weekend... I think she is just fed up with me cancelling so much... I owe her some money too so I think I will try to drop by her office next weekend and drop off the money I owe.. I just do not think it is going to happen any more for me... I have just been to a company seminar and I found out that instead of 110 dollars a month for 30 pills I will now pay 56 dollars a month which is so good... I also have another medication that cost 52 dollars a month and another that cost 80 dollars a month so therapy is just not in the cards right now...Shelley

Shelley, some of the churches have grief support groups....not sure if their belief system creeps into the meetings or not but it might be better than no input. Not sure if a church program works for you or not...depends on the church, I know.

If you see your therapist when you drop off the money....I hope you can explain and perhaps give her a signed contract that you will not cancel again if she will see you...if you do not see her you might slide a note of promise and the money under the door. I know payment is an issue but perhaps she will allow you to be on a payment plan where you pay half now and keep paying after you are done. Do you live near a Hospice center...they have groups. I hope something works out for you.

This is a dark passage and I know it is possible for all of us to get through these dark passages.

Also there might be a mental health center wherever you live that provides therapy on a sliding scale....or even free. Please do not give up on finding a therapist to work with. It sounds like you want to go but have been back and forth with the cancellations.

I know you want your mom to help you. I understand that. I want Bill to rescue me from my pain and even from mowing the lawn :) but this chapter is about us becoming responsible for ourselves....and everything in our lives...alone. It is challenging and sad and painful but it is what it is and you can do this. We are all doing it and supporting you also.

Peace,

Mary

• 7 months later...

Hi All,

Here I am trying to sleep and having a very rough time doing it today, It is my mom's 7th year anniversary of her death today and I am missing her so very much right now... I have cried so very much today... shelley

• 6 months later...

Hi All,

I still feel like I want my mommy so very much but I think that no matter how old you get you are still your mommy's baby.. She has been gone for 7 and a half years and I still miss her like it was yesterday... I watch movies and I think of her, I go out and eat and I remember something about her... I thought after 7 years I would be better off ... But it still hurts so much... shelley

I don't think we ever fully recover from the loss of a parent that we are particulary close to. I know it's hard and those anniversary dates hurt. I hope that things are better with the therapist and I appreciate your honesty with the situation. Hoping things are turning around for you! ((hugs))

• 2 months later...

We never stop missing our Mommies. Our little child yearns for her guidance and unconditional love. And it's our child that hurts so deeply.

(((((Gentle hugs)))))

I hope you got your therapy issue fixed. There is a Center for Mental Health in our hospital here. That's where I see my psychiatrist and my therapist and attend a trauma group. They do a sliding scale system for payments if you qualify.

• 1 month later...

I miss my mom everyday.I still need her in my life but she isn't there anymore.Not a day goes bye that i wish i could talk to her again and feel her arms around me,and I will never have that again.I have been trying to find grief support group though a church but I haven't had any luck yet.I so need to talk to someone.Not gonna give up I will keep trying to find somewhere to go.If anyone can help with that please let me know. thanks.

My friend, I understand that you've tried to find a grief support group through a church with no success as yet, but there are other places you might look, and I hope for your own sake that you will keep trying. I'm hoping you will find the information in this post to be helpful: Finding Grief Support That Is Right For You

To babben514:

Dear one, it is clear to me that you are struggling, and my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry that you're feeling so alone and so unsupported in your grief. I know you're trying hard to make some connections with others here whose parents have died. Unfortunately this forum is not very active at the moment, and I can see that you're not hearing from very many of them. That does happen sometimes, so please don't give up on us!

I just want you to know that your voice is being heard, most especially by me. I've just read a post that made me think of you immediately, and I hope you will take the time to read it: Common Symptoms In Mourners Needing Professional Help.

As this grief expert says,

"Mourners were never meant to do their grief alone. They need support systems of people who can help, support and encourage the mourner through difficult experiences and emotional times. Part of that support system can be a grief support group led by a licensed mental health professional or individual grief counseling provided by a licensed mental health therapist."

Please, my dear, do whatever you can to get connected to some form of in-person grief support, whether that is a different grief counselor and / or a grief support group. You're worth it, and you certainly do deserve it!

Babben,

I'm so sorry you're missing your dear Mommy. I wish you peace, comfort, and strength. It's so hard missing our Mommy's.

((((Gentle hugs))))