Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Update On Harry

Hi Everyone,

I talked to Harry this morning, and he wanted me to give you an update, because he has not been on for awhile.

He is doing good and on September 2nd, his Wedding Anniversary, he and his volunteers were launching his web site walkingwithjane.org. He wanted me to give all of you the web site, so you can check it out. They done a great job.

He has also been dealing with a big sink hole in his back yard. They had it fixed about 10 years ago, but after Irene it opened up again. Later this week as long as we do not get to much heavy rain. The contractor will move in the heavy equipment and start getting it fixed again.

For the next day or two Harry is getting out of town, while the kids start getting back to school. I told him that was a very good idea.

If you can go check out his web site: www.walkingwithjane.org

God Bless,

Dwayne

Hi Everyone,

I called Harry yesterday and he did not sound to good. He had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday, so I did not keep him on the phone. It just goes to show how we all have, health issues come up when we lest expect them.

He also has that sink hole in his back yard to be filled in. They were suppose, to have started yesterday, but with 3 days of heavy rain up here in the North East, that isn't going to happen until things dry out a bit.

God Bless, I keep Harry and al of you in my prayers.

Dwayne

Thanks so much for the updates, Dwayne ~ and when you talk to Harry again, please assure him that we're all holding him close. His website is beautiful, and such a living, dynamic tribute to his beloved. I hope you'll keep encouraging him to slow down, take time to rest, and continue to take good care of himself.

Dear Marty T,

I just got off the phone with Harry. I told him what you had written. He just chuckled, and said he was just on his way out to dinner with someone, and that some how he has taken on 3 more projects to do. I told him to slow down and rest, so he doesn't whined up like me, being sick all summer. I cannot believe it will be late September before I am able to start my classes. That is if everything goes good and nothing else comes up in the mean time.

God Bless

Dwayne

Dear Marty,

Thank you for your concern. I am doing the best I can to keep myself healthy. Unfortunately, this machine has always been stuck in high gear. Jane was very much the same way. We were married in a very big church, though the number of folks there was very small. After the service was done we walked back down the aisle together at our normal pace. We reached the door before our best man and maid of honor had cleared the first pew. There were about 40 pews in the church.

Given that at this stage in the year we would normally be getting 5-6 hours of sleep, the 7-8 I am getting seems like the height of laziness sometimes.

Peace,

Harry

Hi Everyone,

I called Harry this morning and he was already on his 26 1/2 mile walk in Hopkins, MA. something he has been planning for awhile. I think it was for cancer, I am not quite sure. At 8:22 AM he had been walk for 2 hours already. :blink: And here I am on my morning walk of just over a mile. :) I wished him well and for him to get through his walk in one piece. I guess he is very tired now. He told me he would call but so far no call, and I do not want to bother him. So that is the news about Harry, The man of STEEL. :)

God Bless

Dwayne

Dwayne, Thanks for the update...I have never tried a marathon and don't intend to start now, the most I've ever walked in one day was 17 miles and I would have been fine with it if it hadn't been on concrete but unfortunately concrete is very unyielding and I'm used to soft trails. 2-5 miles/day is more my speed. :)

I've just finished going through Harry's walkingwithjane.org website, and having just lost my soul mate Wanda (3 months, 14 days) to cancer, I would have to say this is the neatest thing I've seen, and Harry can bet that Jane (just from her description, I can tell) is looking down on this a truly phenomenal accomplishment. I read Harry's post after he finished the 26 1/2 mile walk, and I have to admire the dedication.

Further, I have to say that having been around this site for only a short time, with a few replies to some of you, this is just one heck of a group of people, all dedicated to helping each other....and it works.

Thanks to all, thanks to Dwayne for updating us on Harry, to all of you for some great suggestions and quotes.

Earl

Harry, I understand your high energy lifestyle and i also understand how exhausting grieving is....I do hope you will slow down a bit...just a little bit? :)

Mary

Hi again,

Harry is a tall lean, physical fit, fighting machine. Never stops, and he does know when he has to slow down a bit to re-energize his body, mind, and spirit.

Yesterday when I went to church I wore a pair of pants that Pauline had on a wish list at Territory Ahead web site. I found them after she had passed so I bought them for myself. The fit was great. The last time I wore them was when I went to Foxwoods, to hear and see my niece, sing at the Hard Rock Cafe, and they were very tight at the waist. I have always wore a 29- 30 waist size. I thought gees have I gained that much weight. No I had not. What had happened, and I did not realize it was it was my bladder was so big. If you can imagine, have almost a 1/2 gallon size bladder in you that I was probably only able to empty out maybe 20-25% of fluid, it is no wonder they did were to tight. Yesterday they fit fine, almost to loose at the waist. I have always wore a 30 inseam, and the pants I ordered are a little to long. Well when I went to the respiratory DR last week they measured my height. I have shrank 2 inches. I am now 5' 4" in height. It is hard to believe your body can change so fast Jove a couple of years. I have no fat on me just a big bladder inside me. I pray it gets back down to a normal size again.

God Bless

Dwayne