Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Returning To Group

Leann

Hello, everyone:

I visited this discussion board five years ago when my Dad passed away. It was such a lifeline for me then. I recently lost my Mom to Parkinson's Disease (she had been on Hospice for a year)on December 8th. Her passing is making the holidays even harder this year. Now both of my parents are gone and I feel very lonely and lost. Will appreciate discussions with others.

Love and prayers,

Leann

Leann:

I am so sorry for your loss. A daughter's loss of her mother is so hard. I lost my mother many years ago,in 1992; my father 2 years ago and my brother 4 years ago. I lost my spouse 8 months ago after 18 months of cancer and his last days in hospice care. I describe it as feeling like I am an orphan. I have one estranged sister and one son, and that is my family. I finally feel like living again but the lonliness and despair has been huge for me. Please know that I am glad you have returned here and this site has been so much help for me. I really could not have gotten through this without the support of all of the great individuals here going through the same.

Merry Christmas to you and your family Leann.

Blessings

Becky

Leann, my dear, I'm so sorry for the reason that brought you back to us ~ but so pleased to see you here again, regardless of the circumstances. I know that, although some of the individual stories and participants may have changed, you will find this to be the same loving and compassionate place it's always been. Welcome back.

Leann

I am so sorry you have lost your Mom but glad you returned to this place of acceptance and support. We are here for you. I lost my best friend in 89, my dad in 92, two more best friends in the 90s, our fur baby (Retriever) in 2000, Mom in 2006 and my soul mate and incredible husband of 25 years last year. Sadly, we all know death too well on this site but that also means we all get it, we understand the grieving process. I understand the feeling of being loss and lonely, believe me. Bill and I were tight and losing him left a Grand Canyon inside of me. It is a long journey. Do return....we will welcome you and embrace you here.

Mary mfh

• 1 month later...

Hello, everyone:

I visited this discussion board five years ago when my Dad passed away. It was such a lifeline for me then. I recently lost my Mom to Parkinson's Disease (she had been on Hospice for a year)on December 8th. Her passing is making the holidays even harder this year. Now both of my parents are gone and I feel very lonely and lost. Will appreciate discussions with others.

Love and prayers,

Leann

I am so sorry that you have had to endure the loss of both parents, my heartfelt sympathy. I have just lost my dad and can not imagine the pain you have with losing both of your parents. My loneliness is very odd to me, as I am still surrounded by people who love and care for me, but yet feel very very alone. Maybe it is because we have to walk our own path of grief at our own pace and with our own thoughts. I hope that you are able to find peace in your memories. Beth