Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Death Has Come Again

Time has softened the blow of loosing Mike 2 yrs ago, May 9th but my sorrow never goes away. My life has been spent in an exhausting attempt to rebuild my life establishing a new home, a new routine, and a new routine with a man that has become my best friend.....but the tears continue to hit me and the messages keep presenting themselves.....2 yrs ago I was receiving the news of Mike's illness and the prognosis, little would I be prepared to deal with the diagnosis of our Standard Poodle Baloo, almost to the day of Mikes diagnosis...oral cancer a progressive illness for dogs......my goal was for her to have a pleasant spring and summer in the cool pines of our new home, she was groomed, she was provided anything she wanted to eat, even her favorite drink....Beer! As of yesterday she was running and jumping in the yard.....but today after an exhausting day of dealing with some drama around my rental,I arrived home to find Baloo had passed on her bed.....( please forgive me this new computer is not allowing me to start a new paragraph) the tears of the sense of relief that is present here, after the shock.....but after sitting down for a awhile after I found her, what should come on The Golden girls, the same show that came on after Mike died......My shocker was that I soon realized it was the same episode that came on after Mike died in the hospice room!! A sense of relief and joy hit me!...... and gut wrenching sobbing at the same time.........I feel so completely and absolutely a wreck.....and yet know that I am ok....I feel Mike patting me on the back telling me "we will be ok".....it is yet another lesson and a time for me to remind myself, to forgive myself for not being here, when she went....have gotten good at this, but for now the tears for Baloo, Mike and myself....and of course Ed, who I hear crying in the living room.....better check on him....

Dave, I am so sorry about Baloo. It seems Mike and Baloo have found each other on the other side. I know it is so hard to lose a pet and especially on the heels of losing Mike. It is the loss of another family member, as far as I am concerned. Yes, you are right...we all make it...through tears but we make it. I look at Bentley and see him aging almost before my eyes. Maybe Spring with more walks as the ice melts, trips to the farmers' markets, visits to the sick... will breathe new life into him...I dread going through with him what you are experiencing now with Baloo.

Peace to your heart...

Mary

Dave, I am so sorry to learn of your precious Baloo's passing ~ but there is no doubt in my mind that your beloved Mike was waiting to show her the way to the other side ~ and I hope it brings you some small measure of comfort to know that they are together forever now. Love and blessings to you, dear one

Dave, I'm sorry to hear about your Baloo, it's hard whenever it comes and no matter the way it happens. It's almost as if you were getting a message that only you would get though, and that has to be of some comfort. I don't believe these things are coincidence.

Dave, so sorry to hear of your loss of Baloo. Our animals are part of our families. The day after my Mike died, we had to put our old rescued big black dog to sleep. She was pretty old, feeble, and Mike was the only one that could carry her out to do her business, arthritis had robbed her of being able to get around very well. I made the decision to have her put to sleep, as I had just had a total knee replacement, and knew I could not take care of her. A year or so later, my friend Dana (who had lost her husband about 8 months before my Mike died) was talking to a medium that she communicates with on the phone. She ask her about my Mike, as she knew it would make me feel better to hear about him. Among other things, the medium said that he had a large black animal with him. Sheba was a big black dog! It made me feel so good to hear that Mike and Sheba were together. Dana had not ask about any animals, only ask if the woman could give her any information about Mike. I believe your Mike and Baloo are together!

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas