Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Someone Can Hear Us In The Afterlife

Hello.

Most of my posts (thus far) have been when I've been in a panic or I'm feeling the profound loss of my husband Ric. This post is a bit different. I wanted to share a positive experience for a change.

Wed. I was taking my long afternoon walk and I was feeling very alone, very isolated, and very abandoned. I'm walking down the broadway next to the ocean crying while I walk and ranting (when nobody was right next to me). My rant may have been part verbal and part mental. Part of my rant was at Ric (how could you die on me even though I know that he didn't want to die and didn't have any choice in the matter) and some of it was toward the hospice. "You said that you would call me but you haven't! How long do I have to wait???" and so forth. Finally I pleaded to the Lord to intervene that I couldn't go on like this anymore.

Yesterday afternoon the hospice called. During the conversation he asked me if the chaplain or social worker had called me yet. and I said no (our last call was 6/8). He was surprized and said he would remind them to call me; then he said, did you try to call me earlier? And I said no, I didn't try to call you today (I haven't call Joe since I returned a missed call on 6/8).

So we hung up and I sat in my kitchen stunned. Not 24 hours earlier I'd been crying and at my wits ends feeling totally abandoned and SOMEONE heard me and SOMEONE prompted outreach to me. That blows my mind away.

Now, the chaplain and social worker may not call me; but now that I KNOW someone in the afterworld (Ric or a divine being) can actually hear me gives me strength (at least today it does).

Next week I may be back in despair as I navigate grief but today I'm good and that feels GOOD! :)

Good for you, Suzanne ~ I am happy for you! And if you still don't hear soon from your hospice bereavement department, I hope you'll consider giving them a call. If you're feeling a need for their support now, you shouldn't have to wait any longer to hear from them!

Right Marty, I thought they said that they'd call me after we got Ric buried and such ... I don't remember them telling me to call them or how I know if I need help as I tend to cycle rapidly from feeling good to sad and then back again. But I am isolated in that I'm alone in FL without friends or family.

I do hope you'll reach out to them as you're surely feeling the need to, being isolated as you are. But I'm so glad that you were heard, it confirms what we've come to believe!

Dear Suzanne...

I believe we are watched out for by our departed loved ones and special angels. Sometimes we are in such deep grief, that we cannot see the signs that someone has heard our cries. I am glad the message got across and that someone reached out. Let them be a hand you can hold when the hurt seems all consuming.

Suzanne my dear, I don't think it's a matter of "needing help" ~ I don't see grief support as something a person "needs." Rather, I see it as a gift you can give yourself ~ and it is something that accredited hospices offer to their families (at no cost) for up to 13 months following the death of their loved one. You deserve all the support you can find, and this is just one more resource that is available to you. As Maryann says, "Let them be a hand you can hold when the hurt seems all consuming."

I will call them ... I guess I just wanted/needed them to reach out to me. Thank you my friends.

I understand...sometimes it's hard to be the one to "make the move" but they will not feel intruded upon, I assure you, they are there to BE there for you and I hope it helps. (((hugs))