Grief Healing Discussion Groups

my dog

hiena

On 2015-12-19 at 11:59 AM, Marj37 said:

And I say "ditto" to KayC's post!

I live alone, my cats are a super motivation to choose life each and every day.   And that is how Gb was also - happy and excited about each new day.

You understand :) 

Even cleaning - maybe it's because I'm in mourning ... but I had to clean when she was around - and now ... I'm still cleaning, I'm not a crazy person, but certainly a lot less than when I had to keep it clean because I cared about my dog being in a clean environment.  I'll get used to a new routine in time.  For now - I went grocery shopping today and thinking if my dog needs something flashed in my mind.  Argggghhh.  I'll cuddle with my boyfriend soon - not a dog, not quite as good as a dog, but I'll make do. :)

I know this is such a late response but Im so happy I found this. I had to put my baby down today. I really struggled with it the night before. Cried all night, didnt want to sleep because that meant I had to go put her down. I was responding to a message from the doctor, just affirming that she should be out down and she had a heart attack! She had started with a seizure and then she arrested. I threw my clothes on and went over. I asked them to keep her alive until I got there. They ended up not charging us for her euthanasia because she was already so close. She wasnt herself. The vet said she wasnt really there. I sat and talked to her but finally did it. They warn you of movements but omg. She jerked and it just killed me inside. She was already halfway there but my goodness. She was around 13. She was doing great but all of a sudden, she wasnt. She had kidney failure. The day I decided we were going to pursue putting her down, I was holding her head for her and we looked at each other. I cant say she said words but she was talking to me. She was done. Such sweet eyes that told me that I was doing the right thing. 

I remember reading something about a dog dying last year, and the author explained that dogs dont die, they just go to sleep in our hearts. When they wake up, they start wagging their tail and that just makes us hurt but they are so happy! She's wagging her little tail like she always did. Used to feel like a whip cause it was skinny and moved fast lol 

• Upvote 1

Shari, you are in my thoughts tonight.  You did what you had to do and I'm sure she's at peace now...waiting for you at our Rainbow Bridge.

12 hours ago, sharirouse said:

The day I decided we were going to pursue putting her down, I was holding her head for her and we looked at each other. I cant say she said words but she was talking to me. She was done. Such sweet eyes that told me that I was doing the right thing. 

I know that look, Shari. It's the same look I saw in my Beringer's eyes when it was his time to go. You were brave enough to listen to the message your dog was sending, and you loved her enough to let her go. Good for you. Her pain has ended; now yours has just begun. I am so sorry. I wish they could stay with us forever :(  

Kay and Marty, I wish we could vacation to the Rainbow Bridge, or they could send post cards! And those little eyes spoke more than i though they could. My mom asked me what she told me and told me not to make her beg. It sounds harsh but I know what she meant. 

And Hiena, go ahead and cry, I ugly cried for my dog. Ive been avoiding the backyard cause it feels so empty, even though I have two other doggies. Poor babes. Ive been praying for my little girls soul and thats given me some comfort. 

• Upvote 2