Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Feeling so alone

Copperpot

This morning we had to put our 11 yr old poodle Daisy to sleep. She was doing quite well, until very recently when what I thought was an injury made her limp around and yelp.  She started having convulsions and screaming episodes & when we got her checked, we were given the run down on possible diagnosises..none of which had a positive outcome. We decided to end her life. Its so hard to know if we made the right choice. At 11 she did have a full life, but I really feel like it was sudden. We also lost our 2 yr old goldendoodle Chester this last summer very suddenly to encephalitis. Losing her has brought it all back up to the surface. 

She was truly my baby. She has been ours since my husband and I married 11 years ago. Shes seen us through everything and been a constant source of joy and love. She was the so smart, athletic, friendly. She was my perfect pretty little dainty lady with the heart of a lion. I am lost without her already. So broken. I dont know why, I just feel so alone. Even though we just went through this, I still dont know how to deal with it at all. My heart goes out to all of you suffering this evening..

My dear, I'm so sorry to learn of the death of your beloved Daisy ~ especially as it comes so soon after losing your darling Chester ~ and at such a difficult time of the year to be immersed in grief. Please know that here among all of us, you are not alone, as we embrace you in your sorrow and wish peace and healing to your broken heart. 

Thank you for the support & kind words. It feels so good to hear them. Its been a rough year for us. We have been trying to put it all behind us and move forward. Losing her is going to keep us stuck a while, but I know shes in a better place. I am so glad she is not in pain anymore. Here is one of my favorite pics of Daisy. When we first bought our house and the yard was all dirt. But she LOVED the huge backyard and just ran around with a smile on her face all the time.  

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

She is adorable!  You pick really cute dogs, I can tell she has lots of personality too.  I'm sorry you're missing her. :(

Jakki,

I am so sorry you lost your Joey.  My dog is my best friend too.  Losing them is so hard!  He's beautiful, I'm sure you miss him a lot. :(

Im so sorry Jakki. It really does feel like losing a part of yourself when you have to say goodbye. Its just all those little things they do & that constant companionship. Theres nothing quite like it. Joey has really kind looking eyes :-) Im sure he was quite a blessing to you. I know exactly how you are feeling. 

I'm sorry Copperpot, she was a cutie, and I'm sorry to everyone here to lost a pet. It is so very hard to lose that companion. I feel like our pets know us better than we think they do. I know my cat does. She makes me laugh too. They can be with us a long time, so it's like losing a family member. Having to put her down is especially painful, but you made the best choice you could given the circumstances. We are never ready to let them go.

On 1/2/2016 at 0:15 AM, Copperpot said:

This morning we had to put our 11 yr old poodle Daisy to sleep. She was doing quite well, until very recently when what I thought was an injury made her limp around and yelp.  She started having convulsions and screaming episodes & when we got her checked, we were given the run down on possible diagnosises..none of which had a positive outcome. We decided to end her life. Its so hard to know if we made the right choice. At 11 she did have a full life, but I really feel like it was sudden. We also lost our 2 yr old goldendoodle Chester this last summer very suddenly to encephalitis. Losing her has brought it all back up to the surface. 

She was truly my baby. She has been ours since my husband and I married 11 years ago. Shes seen us through everything and been a constant source of joy and love. She was the so smart, athletic, friendly. She was my perfect pretty little dainty lady with the heart of a lion. I am lost without her already. So broken. I dont know why, I just feel so alone. Even though we just went through this, I still dont know how to deal with it at all. My heart goes out to all of you suffering this evening..

Hi Copperpot,

Oh my, so sorry to hear about Daisy --- on top of having lost that adorable Chester in 2015.   That is an out of this world darling picture of her --- fulll of life

and bouncing around your yard.  What a companion to have for 11 years.   

Sometimes i don't have a good time with "dealing with" Gb being gone even tho it is now 7+ months.   It'is good I have these 2 teen kittens even when they exhaust me to the point of , "I'm going to return you this minute".