Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I cannot have my one cup of coffee in the morning without my honey in it.  My dad started me on honey and coffee, I turned Billy onto it.  No one touches our jar of honey.  Save the bees.  I have six pots planted with red petunias on our front porch, newly painted porch.  

• Upvote 3

On April 20, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Gin said:

Cookie and Joyce, let me join your group.  Springtime offers no appeal to me.  We used to do a lot of planting of veggies and flowers.  I want nothing to do with any of it anymore.  Al has been gone 6 months, and nothing helps.  I joined a knitting club and a book club.  Seems pointless.  Still all alone.  I do not care about the weather...I stay in my bedroom most of the time.  The doctor gave me an antidepressant and I had a bad reaction to it.  Will not take anymore.  The days are so long..and the nights.  I too look back to last year at this time.  He was struggling so very much, but at least we were still together.  This grief stuff is so hard.  I guess we are all struggling together.

gin

Gin:  Just reread your post.  I know how that feeling alone no matter what you're doing feels.  It is so desolate.  I seem to grit my teeth and the worst of the feeling will pass, but of course there is the residual that is always there.  You're so right.  This grief stuff is so hard.  Hugs to you, Cookie

• Upvote 2

I thought it was just me but having read these posts I now know I am not alone in my periods of grief.  It's under control but I just feel so alone in this sorrow.  Not finding a place to fit in or a place to connect with other widows.  My church has a ladies ministry, but it's more focused on young mothers that like to talk about their husbands and children. 

• Upvote 4

Tspouse  I have experienced grief support groups where the talk was quite different from the place I was coming from. I still benefited from what was going on because the grief everyone shared somehow made me feel better and when it came my turn to speak, it was like passing the crying towel. It was a place to share and let out my emotions and was a release. I know it's not the same as being with others you totally connect with but it helps. What I truly love about this place is the different groups that we can join in on such as loss of a spouse. You may be able to find another support group in your area but here you will find a lot of compassion and care from people in different stages of grief as well as having a place to come day or night. I am sorry for your loss and the reason you found your way here but you are welcome here for certain. 

• Upvote 5

Tspouse-

Have you looked into the Hospice of the Valley support groups.  The Phoenix metropolitan area has several throughout the Valley at all different times and days.  I go to one in Gilbert and they have been worth the roundtrip drive from Pinetop.  Go to this link and you will find a list of all of their support groups and when and where they meet.

https://www.hov.org/grief-support-groups