Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Okay, I "branched" out

I conquered my fear of getting out of my hole I have dug for myself.  Reminds me of the words to some country song (probably) about "is there life out there" and I do not mean people from other planets, although sometimes I question what planet I am on and what planet other people come from.  (Not really).  I did this reluctantly, but surprise-surprise, I recognized some people.  So now, if I decide to branch out, there are still friends that I know from this branch of the forum.  I am semi-comfortable.  Maybe this is what grief is, like little birds, we do have to try our wings.  And, with that said, I will go clean out another cabinet.  Somehow, we used to believe we were not supposed to work on a Sunday.  Well, I just took the garbage cans out to the road, I thought it was Monday.  I need to get back in church, for a lot of reasons, but one is so that I won't go get the mail on Sunday or carry the garbage cans out to the road.

• Upvote 6

First of all Marg, for your information, we're all now living on the planet, "Griefia", located in the center of the "Bad Hurt" solar system. Just wanted to clear that up. :P

As far as your analogy to the little birds testing their wings, that's pretty close. We have to try to get out of our comfort zone from time to time just to see what we are or aren't capable of. Lots of trial and error is needed during this grief journey. And a lot of times our little wings can't keep us in the air. Down we go to the pavement...

- Mitch

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, mittam99 said:

We have to try to get out of our comfort zone from time to time just to see what we are or aren't capable of.

This is painfully true Mitch.  

• Upvote 1

Marg,

Not to worry(about the garbage cans). I find my brain slipping also. Last week, I was being so efficient fixing dinner(not my forte) that I heated up the veggies in the microwave, only when I looked inside after it buzzed, they weren't there. They were still sitting on the counter. Glad the thing didn't blow up.  lol

As for church, I'm going to give it another try this morning.

• Upvote 6

I feel like my body needs to be covered in post its to tell me the obvious things.  I do use them because I do the same things, Marg and Karen.  This is way beyond walking into another room and forgetting why you went there.  Every morning is a test of what day it is.  

Mitch, that pavement plop is getting old too.  Our loss has clipped our wings.  

• Upvote 2