Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Psychic Mediums??? Yea or Nay???

I guess what matters is if one believes in mediums.  I, personally, don't.  But for some, they find some solace.  Seems the biggie is trying to sort the con artists from people who do want to share this 'ability' with no agenda with others.  I have noticed odd things happen around the house I cannot explain.  Talked to a friend that believes the other side can try and get our attention and let us know they are there.  It could also be me forgetting I did something or hope Steve is still a presence here.  I think he is, but not in a way portrayed in TV of the movies.  It's the energy of his existence that influenced me and our home that reflects his choices in how we made this our home.  Plus that feeling from the memories.  

I have wondered what people want from mediums.  Closure, reassurance, connection?  Houdini's wife did that til she died and never found that.  

Just saying......

I've been doing a lot of online "research" as to finding a trustworthy medium.......I've decided, that when I receive my income tax refund, that I will set up a phone reading with one that appears to be very gifted, with many accolades.  After looking at sooooooo many websites, and so many referrals, something about this woman just resonated with me. And she has impeccable "credentials", so to speak, from various institutes and such....and, interestingly enough, the fee is quite a bit lower than most.  I just wish to make a connection....reassurance that he passed peacefully and is happy...and, I admit it, that he loves & misses me still. Connor and I actually set up a few code words/phrases that only we know...in the event one of us passed, to be used as validation if the one left behind sought a medium.  And this woman does NOT want any info from you....just yes/no answers to verify "who" has come through for you...and says she can NOT "guarantee" that you will get the one you wish, she is merely a conduit. That seems to be a fairly common practice w/many of these mediums...the legitimate ones, at least.  So.....when the time comes, I will do this with an open heart/mind....a hint of skepticism....and hopes for a healing experience!

Honestly I don't know what to think about mediums. I have noticed, watching videos on youtube, that they hardly never mention a name. They ask: have you lost your father?, but they never say, for example: your father, James Sallinger, is talking to me. I mean, why the spirit would not say its name? I'm also tempted to make an appointment, but I am not yet convinced.

I added a post a while back about a meeting I had with "the Long Island Medium"...a very special trip, all arranged by my wonderful husband, Mark.  The was no coincidence that he made it all happen.  Just ask me about the giant rooster that was waiting for me. And he made sure that she told me things so that I would know he was with me, and was watching over me.  I wouldn't have made an effort to see just anyone.  A close friend of mine is also a medium, and she gave me some messages on our anniversary (Feb. 14)...which was about 2 months that Mark had been gone.  If you find someone who is authentic and reputable, it can help ease your hurt.  My eyes fill with tears when I think of the messages I was given...and how badly Mark wanted to reach me, and let me know. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Froggie4635 said:

I added a post a while back about a meeting I had with "the Long Island Medium"...a very special trip, all arranged by my wonderful husband, Mark.  The was no coincidence that he made it all happen.  Just ask me about the giant rooster that was waiting for me. And he made sure that she told me things so that I would know he was with me, and was watching over me.  I wouldn't have made an effort to see just anyone.  A close friend of mine is also a medium, and she gave me some messages on our anniversary (Feb. 14)...which was about 2 months that Mark had been gone.  If you find someone who is authentic and reputable, it can help ease your hurt.  My eyes fill with tears when I think of the messages I was given...and how badly Mark wanted to reach me, and let me know. 

Thank you, very much! I went back & read your post about the meeting....WOW!!!  I am so hoping for a good reading....will hope & pray that I've chosen well.